• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pulling the Plug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

Hey Guys,

I know I have been away from the forums of late... and the SETI team as I took up Collatz. Just letting everyone know that I am pulling the plug on on BOINC projects right now as I am on :mad:ANOTHER:mad: long term assignment out of state with an unknown end date and my wife does not have time to keep my farm going.

So I asked her to yank the plug yesterday (not literally) and stop crunching. I feel like I should be honest with you guys and say I am not sure if it is temporary or final. I have been getting kinda ticked off with the projects of late, and I don't like throwing money at my electric bill when I am down like 25% of the time due to server maintance/crashes.

Sorry if this hurts the teams at all but I just want to focus on getting back home safely and quickly to my wife. Once that happens we will see if I come back or not.

The Four Horsemen

Back