• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump noise please help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

classicalbert

Hi guys I need help with mi pump is having a noise that I don't know what it is? any help is going to be appreciated!!! My reservoir is primochill and my d5 is a koolancce 450s. Thanks

I leave you a video

I don't hear the noise you refer to. Sounds very quiet to me. All I hear is a low humming noise and you speaking. I think you would need to put a microphone close to the pump to pick up the noise you are referring to.

I do see the bubbles, though. Is this a new water cooled build?

Here are a couple of pointers:
1. If the radiator is in a vertical position, make sure the return hose is not at the top end. If it is at the top end any air in the system will collect at the top and form a pocket that will prevent the water from circulating properly.
2. Pump noise is either caused by air in the lines or by bad bearings. If you ran the pump anytime at all without coolant flowing through it you have probably ruined the bearings. Put coolant in the system before ever turning the pump on.

Second that , Iam not hearing any real pump noise except a low pump hum in that video , even when cranking up my volume (headphones or speakers ) .

Thanks guys for the reply! The noise was an over tight of pump to the reservoir! I fix the problem already, It was rubbing and making noise cause of that! I appreciate your help!!!

Back