• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump to device (block and rad) ratio?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

Hey all went through guides and was only able to find that i need 1-1.5gpm. For the loop to work properly.

Now is there a way to know how many pumps i need for a certain device with certain rads?

You know like how we say 120.2 per chip in radiators.

I know theres many variables like angles fittings (specially 90 degrees))

For example. My friend has 3x r9-290x. Non over clock , and is planing 2-3 240mm rads in his phantoms 410 .

So that vs cpu + quad sli + 2-360 mm rads + 240 rad for example

Havent find anything other than flow meter and measure

You should research how restrictive your radiators and blocks are. Also go for larger tubing helps a little bit.
Most modern radiators and blocks are quite low restriction by design and you can just slap a D5 or any other high quality pump on pretty much any loop.
But it comes down to the individual restriction each component has.

The 120.x "rule" is inaccurate and followed way too religiously by some. A pump rule would be even less accurate, and thus (emperically speaking) followed religiously by everyone! :D

Just know the restriction of each component and you should be able to get an idea where your flow is going to be. PQ curves exist for components for a reason :D

Thanks I will take a look into this. PQ things.

I've seen 1-d5's. Before going through 2 mora rads and several cards. The same way I've seen 4 pump setups for a titan and a i7 4770k

I understand the proper way with rads involve the Watts produced by chip. But from there I get lost lol....

Btw I also notice thermal pads also influence In the device heat dissipation

Eg. My 1-290 has fujipoly. 1has stock ek pads.

VRM temps. Are 40 vs 80 . I was able to swap one of the vrms pads and temps dropped 10 degrees . (Vrm2). But I'm still to change vrm 1's. .

Thanks I will take a look into this. PQ things.

I've seen 1-d5's. Before going through 2 mora rads and several cards. The same way I've seen 4 pump setups for a titan and a i7 4770k

I understand the proper way with rads involve the Watts produced by chip. But from there I get lost lol....

Btw I also notice thermal pads also influence In the device heat dissipation

Eg. My 1-290 has fujipoly. 1has stock ek pads.

VRM temps. Are 40 vs 80 . I was able to swap one of the vrms pads and temps dropped 10 degrees . (Vrm2). But I'm still to change vrm 1's. .

Good to read this. I was told by a reseller that EK used fujipoly pads. I well order some pads today.

Good to read this. I was told by a reseller that EK used fujipoly pads. I well order some pads today.

Huge lie maybe a 3w/Mk. But I can tell the difference. You can also notice due to the consistency of it. The ek which is very solid. Vs Fuji, oey goeyy

Stock temps vs fujipoly card where easy 20-30 degrees apart. I tought it was loop orderbut then notice. Cpu closer to card 1 temps instead of card 2.

Atm I have to admit the fan does hit card 1 (intake fan) more than card 2 but the difference atm of 40 degrees is too much.

I ordered a sheet yesterday for this card vrm's

Make sure you look at sides. Frozen cpu had biggedt variety .

I bough 150x100x1. For the vrms

Back