• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purchase Advice: 32" 1440p Gaming Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaigab

Hello all. My 24" Acer AL2416W died on me and i am looking to replace it.

My config has gtx 1080 and i would use the game mostly for gaming (FPS, turn based games like civ, some RTS) and internet, watching some youtube. Thats' pretty much it.

Beeing without a monitor, i replaced it with my TV (Samsung UE32m5500) and since it didn't bother me the bigger monitor (and actually it was very immersive on FPS) i decided to get a 32" monitor.

However there are literally tons of models. And i need an advice on which models to consider.
Since my benchmark is the old Acer 24" and the Samsung TV currently used as monitor, are there monitors which could improve the experience for gaming ? Something i don't understand is why a VA TV like the Samsung costs 300€ while a monitor of the same size/panel costs twice as much.
Please help!

like this
Hello all. My 24" Acer AL2416W died on me and i am looking to replace it.

My config has gtx 1080 and i would use the game mostly for gaming (FPS, turn based games like civ, some RTS) and internet, watching some youtube. Thats' pretty much it.

Beeing without a monitor, i replaced it with my TV (Samsung UE32m5500) and since it didn't bother me the bigger monitor (and actually it was very immersive on FPS) i decided to get a 32" monitor.

However there are literally tons of models. And i need an advice on which models to consider.
Since my benchmark is the old Acer 24" and the Samsung TV currently used as monitor, are there monitors which could improve the experience for gaming ? Something i don't understand is why a VA TV like the Samsung costs 300€ while a monitor of the same size/panel costs twice as much.
Please help!

Hello kaigab,

I've been choosing between AOC AG271QG and Asus PG279Q monitors. Seems to me there are more positive reviews on the AOC one. Both are 27", but I guess it will be enough, though I do have a poor eyesight, so perhaps still need to think about the size...

Back