• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purchasing computer with these components. Wanted help from computer sexy people

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zaxomio

Hello :D

My old computer that i have had for 4 years is getting kinda old and it doesn't run very well at all :(. So i am buying a new one. I am getting one of those where they have a preset and you can change some stuff. I changed power supply and cooler and added a network card and i would just like to hear if i was getting ripped of or anything before i buy it. I know it's always a good idea to ask someone that knows what the hell a computer is about. Before you spend a ton of money.

So i came here since you guys are freaking geniuses.

These are the components:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K / 3.4 GHz Processor - LGA1155

CPU cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - 92mm

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 (rev. 1.0) - ATX LGA1155

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM - 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600 CL9

Graphics card: Gigabyte GV N56GOC-1GI - GF-GTX560 1GB

Harddisk: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 3.5″ SATA-600 1TB

Solid state drive SSD: Nothing, because i have no freaking idea what it is

Optic drive: LiteOn iHAS122 - SATA Intern DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM Sort

Tower/cabinet: Antec Three Hundred - ATX

Powersupply: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 - 850W+ 574

Internet thingy: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter netværksadapter+ 313

And that's about it. I haven't included the operative system in this but i was expecting to just get windows 7. Please tell me if this is ok. Just wanna make sure i am not getting ripped off ^^.

This is the site btw http://fcomputer.dk/?show=system_show&systemlinkid=113264
It is in danish though. But it is in the order that i stated here and i kinda just picked some choices from those and read reviews on all of them.

I would appreciate it if you could help me on my first own computer purchase :D Thank you in advance u sexy computer people ;)

EDIT: paying 8489 kr for it without operating system. Which is like 1445 US dollars$$$.

Last edited:
Dont put a 2600k on an H67 board. H67 does not allow overclocking and the only difference between the 2600 and 2600k is overclocking. You want a P67, z68, or z77 motherboard for a 2600k. If you dont plan to overclock then you should save a bit of cash and get a 2600 instead.

It was like a 5 dollar difference between the 2 so i thought i would just get the other one :p but your the tech person so ill save myself the 5 dollars.

Is there another motherboard i could use so i could overclock off the ones they offer on the site. I thought about building my own one but i just don't think it would be a good idea with the tech experience i have.

EDIT: wow really derped up with the last sentence. could get a Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 (rev. 1.0) - ATX LGA1155 for 30 bucks more. I would like to try overclocking.

I wouldn't get prebuilt. No matter what the country, you can usually build it yourself for significantly cheaper. I know there are a few Danish websites that sell computer parts.

I did originally want to build it myself but after looking into it. It seemed like too much of a hassle and i am not extremely techy so i don't know much about it. I have read several guides but i rather not have the entire burden of making it on myself. Non of my family member knows how computers work so i don't have much help there.

Therefor i decided i would be better of buying a prebuilt one. But i wanted one of those prebuilt ones where you knew what was in and could change how they would build it.

Also when i get them to do it i have someone to yell at if **** aint working. If it doesn't work for me because something is wrong i'm kinda just screwed. So i felt like it wouldn't be worth the risk.

EDIT: took all the components lowest price of a site that compares prices and i am being charged 308 dollars or 1815 kr for them doing the dirt work. I find that to be ok since i rather pay 308 dollars for them to do it than **** it up myself and get butthurt. Also i don't have to get cables and **** like that if its not there and i don't have to deal with thermal paste and stuff like that. Let me know if this is 2 much.

Last edited:
Don't need any extra cables or stuff, they all come with the motherboard. But yeah, if you're aware of the extra cost and you're okay with it, it's your choice, it's a good reason for wanting to go prebuilt.

What are you using the computer for?

Are you ever going to add a second video card for Crossfire/SLI?

Do you need a copy of Windows?

What's your max budget?

IMO you dont need a Network card. On board network cards are totally fine. You could save yourself about $10 or so taking that out.

SSD= Solid State Drive. They are amazingly fast, great for OS and office, It's the best upgrade you can do to make your computer feel faster. Most people go with a 80g or 120g for windows and 1 or 2 most played games. and then the 500gig-1tb+ hard drive for data and other games.

If you can hook up a TV , DVD, surround sound system, you can build a computer. But I know how you feel, My mom does not want to deal with any issues, if it's got a problem she wants someone to call to fix it. Usually ends up being me. LOL

First of all, go with a z77 motherboard they have virtue mvp technology which boost games FPS
SSD is like an HDD with steroid, if you make it your boost drive by installing the OS on it, it will decrease windows booting time and also boost all games and programs speeds including explorer.exe which is the most important program. Very recommended, also their prices are shutting down a little bit atm. The best brands are OCZ vertex 4 and Kingston HyperX Serie ( at the time of this post ).

Thanks for all the help everyone so fare i am going with the P67 motherboard because it's in the drop down menu thing and i could overclock it. I am not sure if i want a ssd since the price is getting a bit steep with that on. Is it really that good or kinda a bonus?

Also i have seen guides on how to create it and stuff like that but i am mostly doing it because when i buy it premade if something is wrong i have someone to complain to about it and someone i can hold responsible. If i order stuff build it and something doesn't work i am kinda screwed. So it's not that i cant build one it's that i am afraid something will go wrong and i want the customer service guarantee thing.

I am interested in knowing more about this SSD.

Thanks for the help everyone again it has been a great help so fare.

EDIT: about the z77, the computer is already starting to cost quite a lot and i don't think i want to pay even more for the z77 motherboard looked up the price and its like 500 kr higher than the one i had chosen.

With a harddrive, you are looking at a max read speed of about 210MB/s (roughly). With a SSD like the one I am looking at (for all the technical folks it is of the MLC type), I can get a max read speed of about 525MB/s. This is a 250% increase in max read speed. In general, this means that you will see much faster boot times and better performance in most programs. The gains will be much more apparent as the load on the drive increases.

As for support, you have the forums here. :) But seriously, if something breaks and it is still under warranty, you can arrange to have it replaced by the manufacturer. Some are better than others with this though.

Yup. If it doesn't work, just a post a thread here. Usually its just a single part that's broken, and when you figure out which one is, the manufacturer usually has a year or two service on it, just ship it to them and they ship you a replacement. its just like service on the computer, but just individual parts.

SSD, its quite simple. That quickness you feel when you have a brand new computer? That feeling never goes away with a SSD.

Ok i am quite sold on the SSD part. But some questions.

Q1: With my setup would a SSD give like 250% load speed?

Q2: Which one of these should i use Kingston SSDNow V200 - 2.5″ SATA-600 64GB or Kingston SSDNow V200 - 2.5″ SATA-600 128GB and what would the difference be between them.

What is max read?

Dont buy the SSD now series they are older and quite slow compared to the more recent drives. Look for OCZ Vertex/agility, Mushkin Chronos, Adata drives, and a few others. We can probably help you better if you link to their site or you list all the SSDs available for this build.

I did it's in the original post and those are the only 2. Btw is it possible to just insert an SSD that i buy separately into my machine so i can get those killer ones you are talking about. Or just get one later when my pc is slowing down. To me the small small stuff in my games doesn't really matter i just don't want any lag. Not really a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff. But can i insert one later?

Putting games on the SSD doesn't help much, since it doesn't help with lag, it just improves loading times. What you want on the SSD is stuff you open up many times daily (Microsoft Office, Windows, web browser, etc.).

If you get a SSD later, you have to move Windows to it, which means either trimming your Windows install and figuring out how to move all your programs off the C:\ drive or reinstalling Windows, which wipes your computer.

I would suggest that you get the SSD someplace else and add it in yourself. Its a sata cable, power cable, and 4 screws. Im pretty sure just about anyone can handle that.

^ +1
If you are going with a prebuilt model, then just pick up a SSD from somewhere else and put it in yourself. It is about as easy as connecting any external device. You could easily add it :)

Edit: Oh, and I don't think you will see a 250% performance increase. Those were just the raw numbers provided with the drives. You will definitely notice the speed increase though.

Ok i am quite sold on the SSD part. But some questions.

Q1: With my setup would a SSD give like 250% load speed?

Q2: Which one of these should i use Kingston SSDNow V200 - 2.5″ SATA-600 64GB or Kingston SSDNow V200 - 2.5″ SATA-600 128GB and what would the difference be between them.

What is max read?
SSDnow v200 That version is bad don't buy it

Back