• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pure Oc'ing/gaming rig help needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Munny

Registered
I just purchased an AMD setup for the wife and kids. So now it is my turn to build a computer just for me. I will need everything including OS, excluding monitor and keyboard.

1.) What are you planning to do with this computer? Gaming with OC'ing in mind. I would like to push my build a bit either on air or H2O.

2.) What is your budget? My budget is open to an extent. Obviously I would like to keep it reasonable (1k - 1500) but I want something that will last with maybe a few minor upgrades down the road. Hoping to get 3yrs+ of use out of it before needing to upgrade major components.

3.)Does this include a copy of Windows? Yes, I need an OS. I will not need a monitor, or keyboard/mouse.

4.)Are you from the United States or a different country? I am from the US. Usually I order my builds from newegg.

5.)do you live nearby a Microcenter? Nope, closest center is at least 200 miles away.

6.)Do you have any specific requests with the build? Not really, other than the possibility to add in SLI/Crossfire eventually at 1080p with 2 monitors.

7.)Do you plan on overclocking? Eventually I would like to push my build, yes. No Goal in mind as of yet.

With those questions answered I would like to build something semi future proof with the exception of the GPU and maybe a CPU upgrade here and there. So, my biggest concern is a MOBO, PSU, Mem, and case - including whatever cooling option I go with - to be able to last for a good while.

Any suggestions?

Back