• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purpose of these holes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cedex

Registered
While looking for a new heatsink/fan to buy for my cpu, i looked at my motherboard and spotted these holes right next to cpu.

7NJL1_L_2.jpg

My motherboard manual doesnt mention anything about them. But to me it seems to be a way of anchoring a heavy heatsink to the motherboard, am i right?

dippy_skoodlez said:

Ewwww

I hate chaintech.. poor RMA service and no overclocking.. why even bother with mounting holes like that? lol!

How far do you have yours at BTW? Wonder if they foodged up their NFII's like their Ti4200's.

notice only 3 memory slots too...wierd.

I had an old Elite mobo like that back when the P4s just came out. It only supported RDRAM and you had the assemble the mounting bracket for the heatsink/fan on the back and front of the mobo yourself, man is that a pain. get one with a bracket already there to save trouble, i reccommend

Edge386 said:
I had an old Elite mobo like that back when the P4s just came out. It only supported RDRAM and you had the assemble the mounting bracket for the heatsink/fan on the back and front of the mobo yourself, man is that a pain. get one with a bracket already there to save trouble, i reccommend

its an athlon mobo. there is no bracket.

Back