• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting together a water cooled Ryzen 5950X Radeon RX 6900 XT system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
....but what are the temps of the loop when tested properly? Are you all set? Incremental bench improvements are cool to see, but I thought this was about temps, lol! :)

Yeah, watercooling basics... drain port goes at the lowest point of the loop. Gravity FTMFW.

Apologies. I guess my ADD kicked in and I got distracted. I did take screenshots throughout my play session as I was bumping up the overclock on my graphics card. This was the last screenshot I took and not only is the GPU running faster but it shows the temperature of the hardware after over four hours of playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

n6f54Gr.png

The CPU gets up to 73C. The GPU is 55C. The GPU junction is 68C. The fluid is 44C at the components and gets up to 46C at the XD3 but drops by 5.66C when it moves into the XD5. IÂ’m not exactly sure how that is because there is no radiator between them.

Also I forgot to have HWInfo open but I added two sensors to the motherboard sensor inputs to read the ambient air in the case by the cpu/vrm and by the chipset. The first gets up to 36 and the second gets up to 32C while the room last night was 21.667C

If I was going to add another radiator it would have to be a 240mm now because of the fittings that I used to eliminate the collapsing tubes. It would have to be limited to the bottom two intake fans. However that would give me something to easily put between the XD3 and XD5. However it would only be worth doing for me if it would make a meaningful difference with the temperatures. If the same load with the cpu and GPU junction would be around 65C or less that would be compelling simply to be easier on them.

Back