• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM Fan custom fan curve?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

Speedfan and is just bad; it either sets the fan to 0RPM or 2000RPM (software control, automatic fan speeds both enabled) and does not changes the speed according to the temperatures I configured.

Gigabyte's Easytune6 is even worse; it messes with my overclock, it takes ages to load and just bad in general. The only good thing is that I can actually make a custom fan curve for my CPU fan (just like you can on MSI Afterburner for the GPU Fan).

Is there any alternative the mentioned programs to control my CPU Fan in this very hot days?

In these summer days in the southern hemisphere, you may consider not controlling the CPU fan and have it run on maximum to get the most out of your overclock.
I run mine on maximum year around.

I am posting to see if anyone else is controlling the speed of the speed of their CPU fan. I could see that maybe in the old days of super-loud Delta fans but now the large fans just run at max and are not as noisy and you really do need all they've got to deal with the heat modern CPUs put out.

I would do that except for the fact that I don't like to be to that loud when I'm just web browsing or sorting music. The max speed that my ears like is 1500RPM.
I actually did searched for alternatives to the said programs to no success, I'm honestly surprised there is no program that can do it.

Can I ask a mod to directly move this thread to the cooling forum?

The stock fan of the 212; The blademaster.

Back