• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gibbs989

Registered
Hi guys been awhile since i have been active in these forums and wouldn't yah know it I need some advice lol. I recently swapped my rig into a corsair carbide 500R case ( a million times better than my old zalman z11 hated that case). I am looking to make it a silent monster and need recomendations on 120mm pwm fans to hook up in push pull config and control with mobo my corsair h80 keeps them at 2000 rpm regardless of cpu temp at idle my fx6300 at 4.6 is only 35C so no need for the fans to be screaming away at full throttle. My second question is regarding using a splitter cable to run both these fans off of sabertooth 990 fx r 2.0 mobo is it safe to run more than one fan off of mobo? or would i be better to get a fan controller and run them off of it?

these are the fans im considering using http://www.ncix.com/detail/scythe-glidestream-120-pwm-fan-5d-92607-1715.htm

ignore this post

Last edited:
Back