• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM Splitter problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Similar issues arose (arisen?) when putting 4 SP120s on their OWN H100(i).
Although the waterblockpumpmodule has 4 PWM headers, it goes all tits up when attaching 4 SP120s

Not sure if it was with all SP120 or only with the SP120PerformanceEditions, thou.

Something in the PWM circuitery of the SP120 "gobbles up" the PWM signal.. probably a resistor or diode lacking somewhere or a "cheap shortcut" in the circuit.

Somebody should take them apart and compare the PWM circuit vs the PWM circuit in a Delta.

Yeah, Great find there Bustos!

I never really was a fan of the Corsair fans. I like Swiftech's Helix as my budget fans which I use on my rads and Noiseblocker eLoops B12 800-2000 PWM fans. If I had the cash, $250+ just for fans in push, I would have gone with the eLoops.

Have you tried supplying the fans with 12V directly from the PSU? It's akin to what the MCP35X does with a 4-pin Molex supplying power and only tach and PWM wires connecting to mobo. It may be that the fans are drawing too much power from the H100i

Relating back to the OP.

He says he only has 4 of the SP fans, which would still work with the Swiftech 8 way splitter. He just couldn't use the remaining 4 slots to maintain variable speeds.

According to the link, 5 or more, will have them running at full speed.

Whether it's a waste or his only option for fan splitters to work with his SP fans is something the OP will have to figure out.

Just saying... :shrug:

EDIT: Although, I wonder, if u have 4 of the SP fans, would say 1,2,3 or 4 Helix fans still work at variable speeds in the remaining 4 slots...? Hmmm....(Morpheus pensive look after he asked Neo if that was air he was breathing)

Last edited:
Back