• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 - My first OC! + Advice needed on VCore...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im still learning with all this, but im assuming that the significance of the VCore being low, is that its the main thing that keeps processors back, ergo the lower it is now with this speed, the higher it can go by just upping it a little.

Yep, looking around it appears i cant up my voltage, which is a ****er. :(

Get a new mobo. Are you using 1.168V vcore for 3ghz? Wow get a new motherboard that looks like a beast if it is stable with that! You have lots of room, and might need a decent motherboard. If you get a high FSB wall you might be able to hit E8400 scores :p

Get a new mobo. Are you using 1.168V vcore for 3ghz? Wow get a new motherboard that looks like a beast if it is stable with that! You have lots of room, and might need a decent motherboard. If you get a high FSB wall you might be able to hit E8400 scores :p

Yes 1.168 vcore for 3ghz, well, just under.

Annoying thing is i cant go buy a new mobo, i just bought this one, my old one i had to switch because the VIA chipset didnt like my 8800 GS :(

Oh well!

Any suggestions on how i can up my VCore seeing as my mobo doesnt directly have that option?

If you have Speedstep/EIST/C1E enabled, I forget which one specifically effects the VID, you can see a different result. I really doubt it's that low without one of those features enabled but I am curious because that would be godly. Speaking of low VID's on Q6600's, where's Brollocks.

Well, I can tell you it's probably not C1E. I've had that disabled since I've had this quad and my reported VID has never changed from 1.2625.
I think if you change the default multiplier while speedstep is enabled, that's when you will see two different VID's. Don't quote me on that either, I just recall reading it.

On a lighter note, This is what I've been up to. Gotta love the quads:

Starting Yesterday I've been playing with 1.1825v(1.1600v Reported) and it's been priming since 23:00 last night. My ambients dropped to ~22deg during the night and the load temp on the processor dropped to 38degC. if you can believe that. Wow.

Back