• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9550 on Ga 965P DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't remember any of the 965 boards being really good for quads, and I think the old giga I had (I think it was a DS3?) didn't quite have the best VRM section for quads either. I might be mistaken though.

It should still be well capable of a nice OC though, just maybe not any benching type stuff.

The 965 doesn't even work for 45nm quads. He's getting a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Look a couple posts above mine. ;)

yes, my EP45 UD3P arrived, for the moment I took the Q9550 to 3,5GHz and it was perfectly stable in gaming with all voltages stock, when I have more time I want to take it at least to 4GHz, I'll be back with some results.

le: the 965P did work perfectly with an E5200 wolfdale at 4GHz and even 4,4GHz for tests so I thought it should run a yorkfield but it seems my board being the oldest revision, couldn't do that

Last edited:
The 965 doesn't even work for 45nm quads. He's getting a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Look a couple posts above mine. ;)

I have to go over the entire thread about five times to get everything that was written. :rolleyes:

Is that helpful?

luoying2.jpg

luoying3.jpg

luoying4.jpg

luoying5.jpg

Back