• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Qant to set my proc up right this time. Please advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enlighter

Registered
Want to set my proc up right this time. Please advise

Ok I though I did everything right last time, but I got temps of 55c+.

I am running a p4 2.8e. It is a prescott so yes they get hot, but I have seen mirror set ups get temps of high 30's idle. I have an abit ic7 max3 mobo. and the sp-94 hsf with a tornado blasting air onto it. I am going to post pics as I set it up and please advise me. Anything I should know before I start any info about this set up that would help??? or tips.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
I'm sorry your that hot, but I'm not sure that your doing anything wrong. They can get VERY hot.

Make sure you have a very thin amount of AS5, or AS3, whatever it is that you are using. Is the heatsink firmly seated on the processor?

Enlighter. Are your temps under a load? . I have been able to get my 2.8e to run at 40c to 42c at idle and 56c to 58c under a load on air using the duct that intel recomends but I have never been able to get it run in the 30's
{this is with the stock heatsink and fan}
Dave

abit boards read about 10 degrees too high so thats part of it...
otherwise try running the computer with the side panel off to see if u need more air flow in your case.

Back