• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake 4 News!! (pix included)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
enduro said:
Yeah, but I'm hoping that Quake 4 is actually worth playing. Doom III had nice graphics, but that was it. I wasn't impressed with the game itself at all. The AI really sucked when compared with Far Cry and at least Far Cry has some sunlight in it. The Doom name doesn't have to apply to the atmosphere throughout the game in my opinion.

Agreed. Thank god id isn't making Quake4, so maybe we can actually expect something fun and new =-/

Quake4 will probably cost me my job and marriage........ :D
I was so addicted to Q2 that I would play it two or three straight days without sleep. To this day I could load Q2 and play for hours and lose track of time. Doom3 kinda dissappointed me but I think the mods will be great. Q4, with some thought could be a great sp and mp game. Those screens look nice, If the gameplay is what I expect from a sequel to Q2, I will be upgrading from the 9800pro.

Quake 3 owns it all, glorius all out fragging in small levels. I must resist buying a gt until they get down some more. Anyway someday I will this game and frag until my eyes water.

Look out behind you!

Wow. It's like Doom 3... but with a story... and the lights on. :D Very nice.

I'll be looking forward to it... right after I burn out my LCD projector bulb playing Halo 2. (2,200 hours to go.)

-Blackstar

reminds of of 3dmark

im not to excited, wont be able to ln with it for qutie a while just because some people cdant upgrade there systems that much, i still like halo bfv and ut2k4

How awesome. I'm more of a UT man myself (snicker), but i can't wait for Quake 4. The PC industry will be rejuvinated by seuquels... the Sims 2, Quake 4, Doom 3, Half-life 2, Battlefield 2.

Are there no more ideas? :D

electromagnetic said:
Quake 3 vs UT, what's next? Bring on the Quake vs Duke Nukem argument!

lol no, cause it was quake vs UT for me and quake was so slowwwwww compared to the speed of game play in UT (iplayed quake 3 for about 1 year before i found UT) - i know eventually you could get a mod to speed up the Quake "speed" but i just prefer UT and tactical ops over quake and counter-strike.

The pictures that are posted look a little strange? They look like someone overdeveloped film or something. Not much color and kinda bland. I'm not that impressed with the way those pics look.

NEWS FLASH! i have no idea if this was posted anywhere else or not, but i have just recieved news by my local lan center owner, that Q4 is slated for an XMAS release!

Edited(4:08:11 PM): word
Edited(4:08:18 PM): q4 is gonna be out before xmas

again, no idea if this has been said or anything, but THIS ROCKS :D :D :D

Back