• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about 965 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I actually don't do F10s, i do the one you mentioned. but i'll go and try the F10 and see if it'll work.

EDIT: welp. so it still doesn't work. I get boot failure w/ cpu speed at 0. so i guess I can only overclock via increasing the bus speed? I'm at 235mhz bus speed right now @3.9ghz core speed. w/ x17 multiplier. should i maintain a 2000 HT link? as i'm gonna increase my NB freq probably at 2600 or more. FSB 3:10 (idk how to change it.) i'll post my cpu-z later. so are these safe/good settings? they're stable btw (so far, i've had them for 3days already) idle at around 35-40c and never exceeds 50c during load. if there are still room for improvement, kindly tell me please so i'd know. or anything that i should lower. Thanks!

Last edited:
There will be no improvement on a board that doesn't work properly. You're lucky you got that far. Ditch that board, it's not helping your cause at all.

I am a lot like Mr. Scott here...

...the motherboard seems surely to have an issue. The why or actually what of the problem is not known. Such action does not give a good feeling in use since it may have other problems not yet seen or visible in action. If it were my board, I would be seeking some relief via RMA or replacement since what happens next is not clear at all.

However, if you want to use the motherboard, it is likely about as far as it will go in overclock. Test two hours under load of P95 Blend mode and use HWMonitor Free open and logging max temps for socket and the package/core temps and ensure that cpu/socket temp does not exceed 62c and that core/package temp does not exceed ~55c while under the load of P95 Blend mode during the 2 hour stress testing sesssion. Any tweaking extra the you attempt on your own should be verified as stable with another 2 hour run of P95 Blend mode without failure or exceeding temps as outlined above. That is about it.
RGone...

Back