• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about coolermaster case font fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skybreaker

Registered
I recently purchase cooler master case ATC-201B BXT

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=ATC-201B,BXT

nice paint job and a good case over all, but I notice that its almost impossible to replace 2 front (intake) fans because the screws' heads are on the other side and there's no way i can unscrew it..

the fans dont push alot of air so I really want to replace them w/ different fans..

if anyone who has the same case or have some knowledge about this.. please give me some advice..

thanks

Take off the 2 side panels. Now you got access to the 4 screws holding the front grill/filter. Remove grill/filter, and go at on the fans. Real easy.

Yes, it's no problem at all & the method posted above is correct.

Removing these fans was one of the first things I did to accomodate my heater core. I ended up sawing off all the fan mounts eventually by the way. :D

You might reconsider replacing them with other fans by the way. The ones on my 201 were acceptable mid-range YSTech fans. Not incredibly powerful, but also not too loud and you've got 4 in there moving air, so it all sums up.

Back