• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about my AirFlow for Case-Labs Mercury S8S Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revan654

I have a Mercury S8S, I have more exhaust then in-take, Just wonder if this is going to be an issue down the road?

Top: Two 140mm (Exhaust) + Two 120mm Exhaust (AIO)

Rear: One 120mm (Exhaust) + One 120mm (Harddrive bay - Exhaust)

Bottom: One 140mm (Intake)

Front: One 120mm (Intake) + 140mm (Intake)

I can have 3 120mm fans in the front Instead or 120mm + 140mm. However I would lose my DVD drive which I don't really want to do.

Also for the top should I go all 120mm or 120mm + 140mm?

The only issue with more exhaust than intake is the possibility of dust in your rig. A good cleaning once a year is a good idea anyhow so shouldn't be a big deal.

If you have any PWM fans you could slow down 1 -2 of the exhaust fans. This would do little to you actual airflow but would put you back to a neutral or positive case air pressure.

Yep... more exhaust than intake just allows dust to get into the cracks. Not a huge deal by any means considering dust comes in from the intake anyway (which, are there proper dust filters on the intake? If not, then it wouldn't matter about the dust as the intakes are bringing it in.

I prefer negative honestly... prevents hot spots. ;)

Back