• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so first off i have an HP Z400 pc that has a xeon w3690 liquid cooled as u can see in one of the pictures. now i know software overclocking is shunned upon but my bios is locked. i know i can use the intel extreme tuning utility to overclock my cpu in windows. my question is whats the best way to cool the mosfets if i decide to overclock the mosfets are circled in red

edit in the picture of the case the fan thats located under the cpu cooling fan is not present on my pc so i cant use that to cool my mosfets i need other ideas

if i decide not to cool the mosfets/VRM's will i still be able to overclock without any issues i mean this thing feels like its built like a tank?

hp liquid cooling, tweedehands computers, computers, gebruikte computers2.jpg s-l1600222.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 123
  • hp liquid cooling, tweedehands computers, computers, gebruikte computers.JPG
    hp liquid cooling, tweedehands computers, computers, gebruikte computers.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 604
edit in the picture of the case the fan thats located under the cpu cooling fan is not present on my pc so i cant use that to cool my mosfets i need other ideas

I think you've answered your own question. That is what you need or something similar even if you have to strap it in there with cable ties.

Back