• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj1992

This will be my first time water cooling. Before I jump on it, I have a question. I know this sounds silly but still. I am planning on buying a Corsair H70 for my 3570K and it comes with 2 years warranty in India. Suppose, after 2 years, water starts leaking from a tube in the radiator and accidentally damages my PC components(assuming my PC is kept on during that time). Will Corsair replace me my damaged parts? :screwy:

I think the warranty is actually on the piece of hardware. So even if it leaks on your pc components now it won't matter. They'll replace the H70 but not the damaged pc parts.

I think that's how it goes anyway. At any rate to answer your question, No. Once a warranty is up, it's up.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93805

Results were good for this guy but like the admin said...

It's on a case by case basis

Yes, the warranty is on the piece of hardware. So if your H70 fails, Corsair will replace it. If it damages the other components, then it is the warranty on these components which will need to be used (Intel for the CPU, whoever for the MOBO/RAM, etc...).

Well I guess then no water cooling for me. So what's a good air-cooler for the 3570K ? It's clocked at 4.2Ghz using 1.2V. During Summer, the peak temps here are around 30-35C.

You don't need to be afraid of water cooling: the scenario you're thinking of is extremely rare! :)

Good air coolers are plenty: Cooler master Hyper 212 evo, thermalright HR02 macho, etc...

The 212 Evo will work great. And to help with the high ambients, get a variable speed Delta for a case fan.

Actually I have the Hyper 212 EVO with a Scythe Fan and Arctic Silver 5. During Burn Test, highest temps are 70C and during gaming the highest are 60C. These are during 25C ambient temps. Also the PC is just about a month old. I am concerned what will happen when the ambient temps will rise 10C (from 25C to 35C) :mad:

As for case fans, I have one 200mm at front to cool the HDD, one 200mm at the top as an exhaust and one 120mm at the rear also as an exhaust. I have to admit that my 7950 Crossfire Setup does increase my cabinet temps by a little bit. My case is a Cooler Master Storm Enforcer.

Actually I have the Hyper 212 EVO with a Scythe Fan and Arctic Silver 5. During Burn Test, highest temps are 70C and during gaming the highest are 60C. These are during 25C ambient temps. Also the PC is just about a month old. I am concerned what will happen when the ambient temps will rise 10C (from 25C to 35C) :mad:

Those are normal temps, I don't know where the problem is?
To be perfectly safe, you have to stay under 85°C. Since you have 60°C as the highest temperature while gaming, you won't pass the 65-70°C mark with an ambient around 35°C, so still perfectly safe.

For your information, an all-in-one quality watercooling system like the Antec h2o 920 (3 times the price of the Hyper 212 Evo) gives you temps during Prime 95 Blend test around 60° so 10°C under the Evo.

Those are normal temps, I don't know where the problem is?
To be perfectly safe, you have to stay under 85°C. Since you have 60°C as the highest temperature while gaming, you won't pass the 65-70°C mark with an ambient around 35°C, so still perfectly safe.

For your information, an all-in-one quality watercooling system like the Antec h2o 920 (3 times the price of the Hyper 212 Evo) gives you temps during Prime 95 Blend test around 60° so 10°C under the Evo.

Thanks dude...for my main gaming rig, i'm keeping the hyper 212 evo. But I'll try out the corsair h40 on my secondary pc which has a Pentium G dual core(sandybridge) processor. Just wanna have an experience with watercooling. :salute:

As for case fans, I have one 200mm at front to cool the HDD, one 200mm at the top as an exhaust and one 120mm at the rear also as an exhaust. I have to admit that my 7950 Crossfire Setup does increase my cabinet temps by a little bit. My case is a Cooler Master Storm Enforcer.
Time for some Deltas. My 212 Evo will keep a 3930k in the low 60s very easily.

sorry for my ignorance, but what is this delta fan ? How does it differ from the stock case fans ??
Loads more power with great control. To put it in simple terms, the variable speed versions have a DSP inside that controls the motor. Open up any decent server and you'll almost certainly find some Deltas or Nidecs. (Nidec also uses DSP drive on the newer variable speed fans.)

It is a high power, high speed fan that is generally only used by those looking to get every degree C out of their PC while sacrificing noise. You can put it on a fan controller to mitigate the noise, but there are much quieter and cheaper fans that will accomplish your cooling goals.

He has a multi GPU setup. Great ventilation is a must.
Well aware of that (mentioned it in another thread he was thinking about it anyway. My statement still stands. It does not need to cost as much nor be as loud as those, even on a controller, to move enough air through a case to have sufficient airflow for SLI/CFx. :D

Be Quiet! Shadowings are almost as efficient and way way WAY quieter.
Btw, great ventilation can not only be achieved by a single way ;)
:thup:

He has a multi GPU setup. Great ventilation is a must.

I have borrowed a friend's 7950 to test out CrossFire in some games. I'm impressed partially. Although Crysis 3 doesn't have stuttering issues, NFS Undercover and BF 3 are stuttering quite frequently. :mad: I'm gonna do some more testing. If I'm not happy, I wont CrossFire.

That is for multi-monitor CFx configs (can't remember if this guy has them). The single monitor issue has been mitigated considerably according to reviewers and users.

Back