• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[QUESTION] DARK ROCK PRO 3 works well with mATX mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EK is a good company huh when it comes to making these blocks right? It looks nice but after seeing it over and over last night I think is not bad but could get a little messy in a case. Is a hard call as I like the way Corsair pay attention to details and designs of their 110i GTX. The Predator is a solid looking CPU cooler too and not a bad looking one as well.

On a side note the company thta makes this Dark Rock Pro 3 reply to my question and it should not block my PCIE slot. Now that makes it a hard call as the cooler is black, has two fans, and will allow me to use PCIE 1? hmm..... I have to check performance reviews now.

From the looks of pics on the net, the Dark Rock Pro 3 will not block the first PCIE slot. Different pics show about 1" clearance. The same cannot be said about the ram slots. Be advised to install short height ram sticks BEFORE you mount said cooler.

From the looks of pics on the net, the Dark Rock Pro 3 will not block the first PCIE slot. Different pics show about 1" clearance. The same cannot be said about the ram slots. Be advised to install short height ram sticks BEFORE you mount said cooler.

Yea I have the low profile Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz. Those are the one I am using on my current system.

Looks like it'll work :)

On a side note a friend of mine (S_I_N) sent me his Noctua NH-D15, but shipped it US Parcel Post. Needless to say it never arrived :mad: I wanted that cooler so bad, but the postal service's black hole has it now.

Still a formidable cooler.

Looks like it'll work :)

On a side note a friend of mine (S_I_N) sent me his Noctua NH-D15, but shipped it US Parcel Post. Needless to say it never arrived :mad: I wanted that cooler so bad, but the postal service's black hole has it now.

Still a formidable cooler.

Oh i c, damn that sucks I never had any issues with USPS or any carrier before except a long time ago. I shipped a monitor CRT with USP and lets say it didn't came to me as a monitor. lol

I may get this one maybe we can workout a deal for mine as I will not need it. I got my wife a multi-media laptop so she will not be using that cooler as I may part out her system and sell it out or sell it as a whole local. PM me and we can work something out. I will keep you posted and we can choose a shipper with tracking+signature to make sure it all go well. XD

I personally like the AIO versus the air cooler for one simple reason:

1. I can get at everything on the motherboard without having to remove the CPU cooler (RAM, PCI slots, fan connections on top side of the motherboard.

I personally like the AIO versus the air cooler for one simple reason:

1. I can get at everything on the motherboard without having to remove the CPU cooler (RAM, PCI slots, fan connections on top side of the motherboard.

Yea I agree, the issue I face is, I am paranoid about possible leaks even though it is uncommon with today AIO but I will always be paranoid unless these company come with a solution that make it non-conductive. If I could replace my hardware as easily as others could then it won't be an issue in my end. I even like the looks of an AIO better but yea that is why I still am stuck with air coolers. XD

Also not having a local store to buy some hardware while I wait for RMA sucks. Closes place is about 4 hours away. So I am playing it safe for now.

I think the probability of a leak is very very slim (hence why I use it.)

Also, there isn't a lot of coolant in the AIO systems either - hehe.

You could put paper towels permanently around the tubing fittings...it would get wet before leaking! :D

I think the probability of a leak is very very slim (hence why I use it.)

Also, there isn't a lot of coolant in the AIO systems either - hehe.

You could put paper towels permanently around the tubing fittings...it would get wet before leaking! :D

Hahaha, I have never though of that lol paper towels around the tubing not a bad idea. Yea, I think i will wait this year and see what new AIO will be release. For now I decided to pick up the DARK ROCK PRO 3 and see how it fits and looks in my system. Got one for $60.00 XD Like new and soon will see what I will do with the Noctua. I think when I pick up my AIO will make sure to keep an air cooler around just in case. =) I really want one with a big rad like a 360.

Back