• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on budget PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

I have a family member who is in need of a serious upgrade.

Her budget: $400

Now all she has that works from her old pc is a monitor, Hard Drive, And DVD burner, All of which are IDE, and analog(blue connector).

I put a rough build together that replaced the HDD and DVD drive with sata based tech, and was $385.

I have her using AMD Fusion tech, to save on video card costs until she has more money.

New ASUS burner

New Case($30) Let me know if this case is bad, and I'll find another, have $40 for headroom with current setup.

WD Caviar Blue 500gb

Cheapest Fusion mobo I could find(She doesn't overclock.)

Corsair CX500 PSU

DDR3 1333 Corsair XMS3

Cheapest AMD Fusion CPU I could find.

Is this okay? I never used AMD as a company for my parts, but I know they are good. Question is, will it play most games on at least medium without trouble? Not really sure what kind of gaming she likes to play, but I want it t run smoothly.

Her WEI score is 3.0 on her current pc, thats her gaming graphics, 4.3 for cpu(which I just reformatted for her.)

Thanks for any insight

Back