• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about AMD OC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya the 2500k is a beautiful chip... One of the best ever made! I decided to go with the IB 3570k along with the Asus MAXIMUS V GENE which has support for PCIe 3.0 for when I want to upgrade the GPU down the road.

I will delid it like a boss and see what overclocks I can get... Trying to decide on a TIM to get for the CPU Die tho... I have some PK-1, but don't know if that will be good enough?

I will delid it like a boss and see what overclocks I can get... Trying to decide on a TIM to get for the CPU Die tho... I have some PK-1, but don't know if that will be good enough?
You will probably be better off posting a new topic about whether de-lidding is worth it or not in the Intel cpu section. You will probably get more responses from people that have done it and whether it's worth the risk. Also I believe liquid ultra is the TIM of choice for the delid if you choose to do so.

Last edited:
Ya I've asked around about deliding and read a lot about it... I'm having this problem with the 965 BE. Down clocked it back down to 3.6GHZ and the voltage to 1.425, but for some reason the voltage just stays at 1.502 and won't drop down.

Ya I've asked around about deliding and read a lot about it... I'm having this problem with the 965 BE. Down clocked it back down to 3.6GHZ and the voltage to 1.425, but for some reason the voltage just stays at 1.502 and won't drop down.

Clearing the CMOS is often a good option when the board does not want to revert to earlier slower settings. Otherwise you have not fully returned the CPU voltages to their lesser values is my suspeicion.
RGone...

Clearing the CMOS is often a good option when the board does not want to revert to earlier slower settings. Otherwise you have not fully returned the CPU voltages to their lesser values is my suspeicion.

Well, I set the voltage and restart and it doesn't change. After a few restarts it will finally change back to what I set it as...

Also if I set the voltage to 1.5625v which is around 1.568 idle and 1.52 on load in CPU-Z it will change after a restart and go up to 1.6v which is around 1.628v idle and 1.568 on load even tho the voltage was never changed and still at 1.5625v in the bios. Why does this happen...? Kinda makes overclocking ridiculous when the range of variables is so out of whack.

Do you have any type of OC'ing software installed ?

Do you have any type of OC'ing software installed ?

Na, I do everything through the bios... I would do the graphics card through the bios if I could as well, but stuck with software on that...

Back