• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions on Mobo//memory with Ryzen 5 2600x new Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I want to install ssd m2 to use for OS and other... What is the best for me to get ...I picked up ASUS Prime X470-Pro AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard and I have two options for m2 Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD Black/Red (MZ-V7P1T0BW) @ $413 and Samsung 970 EVO 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW)@ $247 what is the best option and what is the diff. would I be able to use either one to DL win 10 on??? Thx so much

Advice on what ram Samsung B dye I should get for ASUS Prime X470-Pro

I have a ASUS Prime X470-Pro AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard ...Need advice on what ram I should get for it. Looking for 3200 14 Lat. Samsung B dye memory... Also what would be a good m2 1tb stick to use would be to run OS and all. Thx for addressing this
Running Ryzen 5 2600x...

If you think you might upgrade to Ryzen 2 at some point (you can on your motherboard) it would be worth waiting for them to be released before buying memory, if you can. There's a chance Ryzen 2 can run faster memory that your current CPU, and it would be of benefit to already have the option of faster RAM built in, even if your current CPU won't be able to run it at max rated speed.

I have a ASUS Prime X470-Pro AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard ...Need advice on what ram I should get for it. Looking for 3200 14 Lat. Samsung B dye memory... Also what would be a good m2 1tb stick to use would be to run OS and all. Thx for addressing this
Running Ryzen 5 2600x...

Pretty sure the RAM question has been answered in your other threads, you don't need to start a new thread for every question cctek. Have a look on this page ost likely every kit there will work https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...d=1&N=100007611 600006072 600561668 600546709

As for the M.2 you didn't specify NVMe or SATA

Yes sry about that. Wasn't getting any hits and was anxious..You would thk I would know better since I have run gaming forums many years ago...rusty i am sure.. Using the cheaper of the two Samsung 970 EVO 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW)@ $247 Thx fopr your help m8

Back