• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scrub206

So i am FINALLY building my rig very soon after waiting a year for BD... and im going with intel lolol.

SO anywho I want to get the Corsair 800D but this only has 3 Fans and by the look of the placement its pretty bad airflow.. granted its a giant case and it shouldnt heat up to bad. Im looking at putting a full liquid cooling system in it in the future. I really wanted to get the Corsair CPU water coolers but they dont make them with 140mm rads. and right now im getting the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 mobo with an i7-2600k.

Now I guess heres my question(s). What would be a good enough CPU to OC with? im looking at trying to get around 4.5GHz on air for now. Also I dont want it to get in the way of the RAM slots. I really like the look of the Cooler Master V8. How much would the air flow of this beast of a case aid to over heating? and also im looking at replacing the fans with other fans with green LEDs /nerd.

Cases dont overheat. They are made of metal and it doesnt matter. however, you CPU and other components are a different story. ;)

The CMV8 is a decent cooler and should take you to 4.5Ghz with little issue. Im just not a fan of the looks is all.

Do you think ill have any issues with the heatsink getting in the way of the ram slots with that combo?

Back