• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX6700 max Mhz with the Swiftech H2O-220 Apex

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadMotivatoR

Registered
I'm currently working on this project and i was wondering what is the max u can push this cpu with this setup?

What will your ambient temps be? The question of how well it will help your overclock is hard to determine without knowing your other components.

Either way good luck,

bryan d

Oh sorry.
Specs are 680i evga A1 version
QX6700 Intel Quad Core
Corsair DHX XMS2 Dominator Dual Channel 2048MB PC8500 DDR2 1066Mhz Memory
1000 watt silverstone
SLI 8800gtx evga
Swiftech H20-220 APEX
I just want to know what you can crank this cpu at safe Temps underload and load.

As others have said, there's no way to know. There are variables in how different processors will oc - your QX6700 may overclock differently than mine. And your ambient temps will be a big factor on your water temp. Are you running this in an 80 degree F room or a 70 degree room? What's your goal for processor temp? Is your processor overclocked now? What temps are you getting?

If it helps, I'm currently running my QX6700 at 3.45GHz on air. This is with an excellent heat pipe with a ton of air moving across it. It stays at about 66-68 degrees when fully loaded. I'm moving to water cooling this week to try and get more speed and keep my temps below 70. I'm hoping to get to 3.8Ghz and have a much quieter system.

Thanks RipD for the advice. Well i cant give u any answers on it cause its not together yet but yes 3.8 would be nice. Thats my goal Ill have to see how far that chip can go when i get it all hooked up.
But it will be up and running by the end of July so i hope to have more answers then. Im just looking at other peeps setups and see what there getting so i can get a rough idea what im going to get out of this Swiftech Apex setup im ordering this weekend.
Thanks again.
John

What motherboard are you using? If you haven't bought yet, consider a P35 chipset. People seem to be getting better quad FSB speeds with P35s. Hoping to build my wc setup tomorrow if all the parts get here.

Back