• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX9650 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah its defo the transaction booster in the BIOS.

If i enable it i get the relax options from 1-9 i think.

I shall have a play around with that and lower it to 8 to see how I go.

You can go up to 1.45 volts on the cpu, as long as temps are good u have no worrys.I see you're on water so you can actually go up to 1.55, just watch the temps.I'm running 1.45 on my qx9650 and I'm air, no probs what so ever.:santa2:

You can go up to 1.45 volts on the cpu, as long as temps are good u have no worrys.I see you're on water so you can actually go up to 1.55, just watch the temps.I'm running 1.45 on my qx9650 and I'm air, no probs what so ever.:santa2:

Great ..Thanks m8.

yeah my temps seem pretty good. Atm I am on 1.435v on the CPU. As i explained before i was 19hrs+ stable with memtest and Small FFT's but would freeze on blends within 5 mins.

I have bumped the CPU volts up to 1.435 from previuos 1.4v and currenlty at 4hrs stable on blend. So in theory if i can get 8hrs+ stable with blend with that small up in CPU volts, along with my 19hrs+ pass on memtest and small FFt's I will be happy/confident in the overclock.

Fingers crossed I can then I will concentrate on dropping the NB volts down form the 1.6v at present just for peice of mind

sounds like your on the right track. as far as nb volts i usually shoot for 1.5 or less for a 24/7 clock but if u can get to 1.55 u should be ok. as always good luck and keep up the good work.

Thanks m8
This one has been a tough slog I have to say but fun nevertheless(kinda:screwy:)
Not too impressed with this mobo but I know the sweet spot is there somewhere its just being a pig to find

yeah it can be frustrating at times im sure. but 4ghz on a quad is nothing to laugh at, and espicially on any board other than a p45 its no easy task.

Back