• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.I.P. Sim Wong Hoo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sim Wong Hoo (Chinese: 沈望傅; 1955 – 4 January 2023)[1][2][3] was a Singaporean inventor and billionaire entrepreneur known for founding Creative Technology, a designer and manufacturer of products for personal computers and personal digital entertainment devices. He served as the chairman and chief executive officer of Creative Technology from 1981 until his death in 2023. Creative Technology is notable for its products such as the Sound Blaster audio card and the Creative ZEN range of audio and media products.

Hadn't heard of his name, but needless to say the work he did likely affected all of us in one way or another.

Back in the day I thought Turtle Beach was a whole lot better than Creative. I think I may still have a Turtle Beach sound card somewhere. Then of course Turtle Beach fell off.

RIP Mr. Sim Wong Hoo. Thank you for your contributions.

Back