• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RADEON HD 6850 for my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Python

Registered
So my friend wants to sell me his Radeon HD 6850, so i need to know if it will run on my PC, or even fit. I have a DYNEX 400W power supply.

The specs are below

Operaring system: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 220 ; 2.8 GHz

Memory: 6 GB

Video Graphics: Intergrated Graphics using ATI Radeon 4200

Hard Drive: 750 GB

Computer Case: Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches), Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches), Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)

Power Supply: 400W power supply (replaced the one it came with)

More Product specifications: HP Pavilion p6604f

Also here is a picture of my MOTHERBOARD

Do you guys think it would fit, or would the card be too long and hit the DDR3 Memory Sockets?

Thanks

Last edited:
Telling is it is a 400W PSU doesn't really tell us much... We need to know what brand and what model it is.

Tell your friend to bring it over and try it in your PC playing a game. If it works then you can buy it off him.

Yep, test it first. A 400 watt PSU can be a $29 cheapy, questionable at 300 watts, no supression, no overload protection, terrible voltage regulation etc. That GPU could make it poof. We put a LOT of work into PSU rightish here, so tell us more. BTW, if a decent 400 watter, your fine.

Dynex is the best buy value brand. I have no idea the quality of their PSU's but I haven't had any other Dynex products last for more than a year.

Dam! So i guess 6850 is out of the question. Well can I at least handle a 7750 since i can handle a 6750?

Its not completely out of the question the 6850 is only 127W TDP, but I wouldn't expect miracles from your PSU.

And how about the matter of it fitting? Do you think it will fit?

Back