• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiators and other newbish WC things.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i was just thinking and doesnt that mcmaster place (where i'd be getting the hoses) have sound dampening? if i'm making an order some cheap sound dampening may be worth it as well...what is the general used sound dampening foam around here? it has to be cheap, but working good is nice too! :)

i'm not feelin the love here....is the WC community tired of my nagging allready? *bumb*

OHHH does anyone with a chieftec clone (antec tower) case know if the via aqua pump will fir in one of the drive bay doodads with a little modification? (to the pump or the cage, or both) i'd like to put it in one of those.

Also, are there any small cheap res's that will fit in one of those, or am i gonna hafta make my own?

Last edited:
i use akasa!!
my mag 3, aka rumbling mofo, would be cut in half now with my katana blade without the vibration dampering and noise dampering of my akasa pad mate.. to bad its kinda thin otherwise, i like it!

12 hours and only a single responce? i guess you guys really are tired of me...i'll spend some time in the storage place...

Okay.

D tek spiral Waterblock
Via Aqua 1300 pump
bonneville heatercore
Clearflex tubing from McMaster
home depot stuff (clamps, barbs, ect)

Now, some questions. (oh boy!)

if i were to sink a little more money, $10 or $20, where should it go, what should i get over what i have?

Whats the weakest link in this system? whats going to have to be replaced first?

does ANYONE here have a case like mine with the removeable cages and this pump? i'd like ot know if the pump could be made to fitin a cage.

does anyone have a res that fits in a drive cage?

am i going to need to buy special barbs/other stuff for that pump,rad,or block?

Como said:
Okay.

D tek spiral Waterblock
Via Aqua 1300 pump
bonneville heatercore
Clearflex tubing from McMaster
home depot stuff (clamps, barbs, ect)

Now, some questions. (oh boy!)

if i were to sink a little more money, $10 or $20, where should it go, what should i get over what i have?

Whats the weakest link in this system? whats going to have to be replaced first?

does ANYONE here have a case like mine with the removeable cages and this pump? i'd like ot know if the pump could be made to fitin a cage.

does anyone have a res that fits in a drive cage?

am i going to need to buy special barbs/other stuff for that pump,rad,or block?

well, u could put $10 to the pump and get a maxijet 1200 instead (they rock, made in italy too) i find them longer lasting then the via (4 years of aquarium experiance to prove it) Plus its A LOT more quiet then the via (and less vibrating).
i remember seeing a 3.5" res drive comes in one bay size and two bay size, maybe even three (which would take up the whole cage).
I've never tried putting a via in a cage, but the only way i could see it fit is if the inlet points straight out and the outlet point up or down. U gotta make sure u put a lot of padding cuz those cages aren't bolted in, just simply hooked in and will vibrate and make a VERY annoying sound.

As for fittings, you'll need fittings for the heatercore and pump, make sure they are the same size as the waterblock ur getting (which should come with fittings). the via, i believe, needs 1/2" threaded male NPT fittings with 1/2 or 3/8 barbs (which ever ur waterblock) and ur heater core should already have barbs or just a pipe coming out, i would recommend (unless ur a handy guy that can cut metal and do .. that kind of stuff) just buying the tubing that fits on the core and getting an adaptor to fit the tubing (easy way). should find it all at home depot

ah, now we're gettign somewhere! i'll look into the res in a bit, i'm fighting with newegg about my debit card to buy a dvd drive,....cuz i kileld mine.
or not, the sale ended a few hours back. heh.

Okay. hows this maxijet? i've never heard of it...everything i can find on google is in italian! :p

its taken me five mins to search OC for it, i've been bumped form my ISP allot lately. stupid dialup.

seems like the pumps works...all i can find in it i from you! lol.

okay, so whats with these res's ? dont suppose you know who makes em and how much they are, huh?

oh yeah, and one last thing before i head off to my room...
theres a NAPA about 12 miles from here. it says "marine" under the sign...is there any chance of them having my heatercore in stock? i dont want to waste a trip out there.

that is interesting, and its something i may want to do in a few years....for now its well out of my talents, and therefore out of my budget :) i'd love to mess with that stuff but my dad would go ballistic, and if i scewed up i chance frying something in my computer....needless to say, i'm pretty screwed if i lose any one part. :)

thanks for the link though, it looks like a nice block...and i look farward to doing stuff liek that someday. (think of chopping up a small heatsink and soldering a chunk on the bottom plate and put that inside the copper thing, having the pipe push water on that :) )

Back