• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID problem among others on cfx3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gotchya

Registered
I have had several troubles so far with my CFX3200.

First Problem: I'm not sure if it is the bios settings or the drivers, but something keeps happening with my RAID setup. I had my 74gb raptor and my 320gb seagate sucessfully in a RAID5 setup just the other day, but when I updated windows (Not SP2), I couldn't even see my 320gb drive (Windows is installed on the raptor drive). The wierd part is, I can see it when the computer is booting up, but it disappears when I get into windows (xp pro).

Second Problem: Overclocking. I am trying to up my Opty 165 which is being cooled my a Zalman 9500. Now, I am new to overclocking and all that, but every time I up the fsb clock, the computer won't post. I change the DRAM settings so that it is on pc3200 1:1 and then I change the fsb value. When I restart, the computer won't post. I am not sure if this is an error on my part or what. Also, I was wondering if there are any desktop overclocking programs that you guys would reccomend.

Third Problem: This isn't a "problem" per se, but something I am not sure on. I am running a x1900 crossfire setup and I have no idea if it is actually running crossfire or not . I have no other way of knowing if it is besides the box checked off in CCC, which I cannot stand.

Here are my full system spec's incase you may need more info:
DFI Lanparty UT CFX3200-DR
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900 CrossFire Card
ASUS Radeon X1900XT
1x 74gb Raptor
1x 320gb 7200.10 Seagate
OCZ Titanium 2048 pc3200@ 2-3-2-5 1T
Opty165 running at stock (1.8)
OCZ gameXstream 600W psu
all in a Thermaltake Armor Full Tower case

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
First, try going to Control panel Administrative tools then computer management and see if the drive is listed in there at all.

Second, FOr OCIng read through this thread for tips on getting a good OC...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

Third, well you could starup HL2 set to max settings with a single x1900 then take a ss. Then enable the Crossfire mode and take another ss at the same graphics settings in the same spot and see if you can see any difference in the two.

CGR said:
First, try going to Control panel Administrative tools then computer management and see if the drive is listed in there at all.

Second, FOr OCIng read through this thread for tips on getting a good OC...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

Third, well you could starup HL2 set to max settings with a single x1900 then take a ss. Then enable the Crossfire mode and take another ss at the same graphics settings in the same spot and see if you can see any difference in the two.
1) Nope, can't see it in device manager, but I CAN see it in the RAID setup before windows loads.

2)Thank you for that, it helps.

3) Once I finish step 2, I will do it.

Ok, the only thing remaining is the RAID issue. I am all set with overclocking ([email protected] 27C Idle). I will eventually go up more, but I am gonna stay put for a while:)

CrossFire was most definitely on. In HL2 Lost Coast I had 60fps with everything up all the way (+HDR Lighting). Without, I was getting around 35.

Now I have yet another problem :cry: ...The thing won't even post. I reset CMOS via the jumper and that didn't do anything either. I think it may be the overclock settings I had put before, but wouldn't the reset have fixed that?

Back