• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raidmax fans any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

ok i bought the dumb raidmax case .im not proud of it.any way it has 4 i think 80mm fans.should i buy different fans? could i get something better? my temps are through the roof.

The best thing you could do to help your temps without buying more things would be to remove the grills from the fans. You should see a 5~10c drop depending on your room temperature since Raidmax grills are so restrictive.

When I first got my raidmax case that's what I did. Taking the grills off helped a lot with noise and airflow. Cleaning up the wires helped too. I don't have any raidmax fans left in my case now. They were really quiet but they didn't move much air.

The stock fans that came with my case (no brand printed on them, all I know is they are sleeve bearing) are very quiet. My side intake (one of the generics) pushes about as much air as my Panaflo H1As do with less noise now that I've taken the side filter off and replaced it with a finger guard. I've been wanting to get rid of the rest of my case's fan grilles but I've just never had any time to do it :( (maybe next weekend...)

when we say grill on a raidmax are we are talking about the metal on the case itself.

elctrox thank you finally temps are down.and thats all i did was cut where you said.now when i run prime my temps stop rising at 52/45
before i saw them hit 58/50 in less than 5 mins.so i had to shut down.

its called "copper based xp cooler microfin"
i got ripped off and paid $18.99 for it.
its a ball bearing fan good for xp3200+ and mp 2600+

ps. i have the two holes where i cut out blowing in.
i have the front one blowing in
i have the top fan blowing out
i left the blow hole a empty hole because its aim isnt even close to the cpu

Hmmm.... Ever considered an upgrade?

Not sure what your budget is, but a SLK-900A would be an excellent choice. Pretty much anything by Thermalright would be better than a generic AlCu cooler.

Then again, if its stable, who cares.

I still haven't cut my rear grills out. It's the front ones that I did. Eventually I'll get around to doing the back ones but I'm pretty sure that most of my heat issues are my room temps and my cheap little hs.

Back