• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raidmax

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deltaxx33

I got a raidmax astro case with a generic 600 watt double fan psu but voltage rating is +3.3v is 40a +5v is 40a +12v is 20a -5v is 0.5a -12v0.8a and +5vsb is 3a plus it says 100 % burn-in under high temperature the case hase 2 side panel fan and I put in a pci slot fan and a themaltake everflow fan at the back of the case is this good enough to overclock my p42.8 533 fsb to around 3.4 without to much worry or do I need more cooling

Last edited:
Personally, if it is just a generic, I wouldn't overclock with it. Other people will give you better answers I'm sure. As far as the grammar goes, when asking a technical question... grammar helps. Having said that, I do believe AC3421 overreacted. If someone does something like that in your thread, ignore them.

I wouldn't trust a PSU that come with the case. If you want to know specifics perhaps find the brand and search? Sounds like it's might be useful for older CPU's, but i woudln't run a 12v CPU on it.

If it is a Raidmax branded unit, I would be very leery of using it. Typically, Raidmax units are grossly overrated and therein lies the problem. Hard to say who the OEM is because Raidmax seem to use several OEM's.

Can you get the UL number (or any serial number) off of the unit?

PS#
I've cleaned up this thread a little. No flaming please.

Last edited:
Really!!!

Martel said:
Personally, if it is just a generic, I wouldn't overclock with it. Other people will give you better answers I'm sure. As far as the grammar goes, when asking a technical question... grammar helps. Having said that, I do believe AC3421 overreacted. If someone does something like that in your thread, ignore them.
I thought those were good voltage rating's so how high should the voltage be

As I was saying, those ratings may have been grossly over-estimated. Raidmax branded units seem to have this problem. Not all of them are crap, but quite a few I have seen are.

Okay

How do I find out what voltages it is really putting out without using google all day?

A P4 draws heavily on the 12V rail. However, if the unit lasted two seconds, it is probably because it had no inrush current protection.

Back