• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuSHman

Hi .. I have a problem with my new RAM ... I've had 2+2GB RAMs on my laptop ... 1 just broke up and I've had to throw it away ... so I've bought a Kingston 4GB 1333MHz RAM a few days ago and it does'nt work so I've change it for another RAM Zeppelin 4GB 1333MHz ... the shop said it have to work on all laptops with DDR3 slots ... my laptop is SAMSUNG QX510-S01CZ ... both cards just does'nt work ... I think it is because of the compatibility ... cause my computer uses the same RAMs as apple-books ... on this zeppelin card is different timing ... but I think it's not so serious problem that this RAM is'nt made for this laptop .. I think it could work ... I've tried to change timings with CPU-Tweaker .. it is the only SW that allows me to change the values ... but it shows me just my good old 2GB RAM ... not the new one ... it's really needed to change it again for a new RAM that works on apple laptops or I can do something that makes it work? ... thank you and sorry for my English :/

I think it would be best to go with 2 new rams, instead of one, sometimes software usage doesn't actually change the timings, and it could also cause bigger problems. But if i were getting you right, you're using one new Ram sticks with one of your old ones right?

yeah just like you said .. now I have one old original RAM from laptop and one new from shop ... and they are different in timings ... and buying another RAM is not good idea .. it is a little bit expensive in my country

Oh,.. i See your situation.. i had 2 different ram sets in my computer and encountered the same thing you had, so i just had to stick with my 8 gigs. But thats the only way i know how to fix your problem you're having. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help?

yeah but there is a problem this new RAM does'nt work if it is combined with old card but also if it is not combined .. I think the only problem is the CL9 timing ... so I have to change it for new CL7 ... it is bad that my bios does'nt change the values :/

Back