• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Frequency Effecting Cpu Fan Idle Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont understand my motherbaord at all right now; at all default settings which is 1st temp target for the cpu fan to hit %20 speed is 41c degree and in that case my situation i told above happens even if i get that temp target to 60c degree. That bit is important; '''%20''' and the fan spin at 1700ish rpm.

And i just wanted to get my cpu to 3,9ghz with 1,3375volts which was okay before and and still seems stable right now, not changing anything else. Guess what happened? Now my cpu fan is spinning at 1300ish rpm on idle when i get the RAM to 2773Mhz which was 1700 before when the cpu was at default settings. If someone can understand whats going on please illuminate me...

Edit; Btw just checked gpuz and its showing my currently overrided cpu Vcore voltage;
Screaaaaenshot_1.png

Last edited:
If someone can understand whats going on please illuminate me...

There are several posts toward that end. Basically, increase the workload of the chip, increase the cooling requirements of said chip. This may be mitigated by undervolting the process most likely responsible (SOC). The "illumination" provided doesn't seem to be to your liking so far. Being unwelcome doesn't make something untrue, though.

Have you tried just running a flat fan curve out to something like 55-60C? Maybe run at 50-60% fan speed from 0-55C and then increase from there. In my case, it wasn't so much that the fan speed that it was running at was too loud, but the fact that the system was constantly trying to adjust the speed. It was the constant changing of the fan speed that was annoying.

There are several posts toward that end. Basically, increase the workload of the chip, increase the cooling requirements of said chip. This may be mitigated by undervolting the process most likely responsible (SOC). The "illumination" provided doesn't seem to be to your liking so far. Being unwelcome doesn't make something untrue, though.
Do you have any experinece with am4 motherbords and ryzen? I dont know if you are genuinely trying to help or trying to be trolly here but either way you are not helping me, from the start you seem to me like you dont even read what i write and you are not contributing to my probelm at all for sure. So there are plenty of topics out there you can go join, please.

Have you tried just running a flat fan curve out to something like 55-60C? Maybe run at 50-60% fan speed from 0-55C and then increase from there. In my case, it wasn't so much that the fan speed that it was running at was too loud, but the fact that the system was constantly trying to adjust the speed. It was the constant changing of the fan speed that was annoying.
Im over the noise issue right now, but the thing happened i told in my last message is just too weird. Like everything is set to default, RAM is 2133-2400- 2666- 2733 Mhz and fan is at 1700rpm. I get the cpu to 3,9Ghz with overrided Vcore voltage and fan starts idling at 1300rpm now. Like what the hell

Im over the noise issue right now, but the thing happened i told in my last message is just too weird. Like everything is set to default, RAM is 2133-2400- 2666- 2733 Mhz and fan is at 1700rpm. I get the cpu to 3,9Ghz with overrided Vcore voltage and fan starts idling at 1300rpm now. Like what the hell

Until you set the override voltage you are using something called AMD cool & quiet which adjust the fan speeds automatically. After you adjust the voltage you are in manual mode and in most cases the C&Q is disabled.
You really are focusing on this fan thing way too much as long as the CPU isn't overheating it's fine. If it's making too much noise then upgrade to an aftermarket cooler.

I assume that when you say that you are overriding the Vcore, you are setting a fixed voltage rather than letting it run at Auto. I believe that this itself should disable the voltage "spiking" behavior that causes the system to make quick fan speed changes. Johan45 just listed a possible mechanism for these idle offset fan speeds, also consider asking MSI like EarthDog suggested. Finally, just taking control of your own fan speeds should avoid the problem altogether.

Ditto. You may have to allow for higher idle temp spikes than you would prefer in order to prevent the constant ramping up and down of the fans, especially in that SFF case you have. Even though the ramp up is not full speed or loud, it is annoying to me.

And as Johan45 suggested, make sure Cool N Quiet is disabled.

Last edited:
Back