• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM not working in dual channel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Africsnail

Hello,
My RAM was long time not working in dual channel. I figured out that it was by the CPU cooler (CM 212 evo) by it's metal pieces connecting to the mb. Now it boots up, but after few minutes of gameplay or mining crypto whole pc freezes, no q code on the mb. Whenever I put my RAM back into B1, B2 it's working again. Thanks for your answers.

What make and model motherboard do you have? What make and frequency of memory do you have? Was the memory purchased as a dual channel kit or is this mixed memory?

Not sure what you mean when you talk about the metal pieces of the cooler "connecting" to the motherboard. Do you mean the mounting bracket of the cooler making contact with the motherboard and causing an electrical ground out?

Can you upload a picture of the problem with the cooler? Use the Go Advanced button in the lower left corner of any new post window to access the built in forum tool for finding, uploading and attaching pics.

Okay, I re-read your original post and I think I misunderstood what you were saying. So you aren't saying the cooler mounts are causing the problem. You are saying the problem memory slot is the one closest to the cooler. Correct?

Still would like to know the make and model of the motherboard and information about your two RAM sticks. What is the make and frequency of your two RAM sticks and are they the same?

Back