• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM performing very badly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danielbrik

Hi,

So I checked my RAM by Passmark benchmark software (but also some others) and my Kingston KHX1600C10D3/8GX 8GB has a really low result. Moreover I can sometimes notice that, for example when I have more than 5 Chrome tabs open my pc freezes for a while and I found out it had to do with RAM (windows 10). The mark score is half the average of the same model. My pc is not the best there is but it certainly is good. Do you know why my memory is performing so bad? I already did memtest: no errors. It is specifically slow in memory write and latency.

Specs:
CPU: Fx 6300 running at 4.3Ghz (stable)
Mobo: MSI 970A-G43
GPU: gtx 770

Thanks

Last edited:
And Chrome is notorious for eating RAM. Were your benchmarks run with nothing else running in the background? And a thorough check for malware? Just some thoughts.

And Chrome is notorious for eating RAM. Were your benchmarks run with nothing else running in the background? And a thorough check for malware? Just some thoughts.

Chrome is for sure bad at memory management, but it's not quite THAT awful.

OP - download CPU- Z (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html) and post screenshots of the memory tabs. I suspect your ram speed and timings are not correctly set in the bios.

I've had 5 Chrome tabs open with 8 GB of DDR3 1600 and a hex core FX, and had all my RAM used to the point of locking up the rig. So I tried Firefox........ :rofl:

The G43 is the worst motherboard, because of zero MOSFET heatsinks and it still could have MOSFET failure even with a MOSFET heatsink!

I still don't go near MSI boards since their AM3 shenanigans call me stubborn but seriously did they not test them with power hungry processors or did they just not care. :sly:

Back