• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram size incorrect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghriad

Hello everybody; i am new in overclocking and i am facing a problem.
i have Asus Rampage 3 extreme motherboard with i7-980x CPU and 4 * ram sticks corsair dominator gt ddr3 2gb 2133Mhz 9-10-9-24 T2 total (8Gb) and nvidia quadro fx 1800.

the machine was working fine before hardware cleaning. it was compleetly unmounted and cleaned and unfortunately bios reseted.

my problem is that the bios is detecting only 2gb of ram now.

i tryed many bios configurations default, XMP and manual but no succes.

i checked rams on other PC and are working fine.

please any advice.

Re-seat CPU.
Re-seat ram.
Why are you not running triple channel on an X58 board? :confused:

Yup what Mr.Scott said. Its a pita, but you should be able to get it going again. Definitely run triple channel, its worth it. I recently moved from an apartment to a house, and set up my computers in the basement. I was running all 6 slots populated for months with no problems, powered up and it saw 8gb of the 12, better than 4 I guess. I just pulled half out and its running fine again. But.. that's not the first time its happened to me, and it wont be the last, as anything can cause it to happen. It probably happens to more people than you would think.. Its the only thing that makes me contemplate murdering that pc. I've schemed about many, many times.

Its the only thing that makes me contemplate murdering that pc. I've schemed about many, many times.
That's what they make LN2 for Freeagent!!!! Just saying :shrug: :D

:D

Its not something I have done before, but there is a Praxair retailer about 2 blocks from me, its a good source for dry ice and ln2, I just don't have the other stuff heheh.

Edit:

On that note, I do work in a machine shop, and I do have full access to cnc lathes and mills, as well as excellent software and a cmm if needed. If you happen to have a print for something I could use, I could probably make another if you needed one :thup:

Last edited:
Where there is a will there is a way, I know a few members that have shoved a milled piece of copper in the bottom of an aluminum baseball bat. :D

Indeed.. well I’ve got a lot on the go right now, maybe this inter I will make something up. I can’t see it being too difficult. Maybe a bit expensive on the copper side of things.. machine time will be free thought :thup:

Back