• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED RAM Upgrade Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xler19

Registered
i5 4670k - MSI GD-65 - AMD AE38G1609U2 (1x8(1600))

I received my new GSkill F3-2400C10D-8GTX (2x8(2400)) and hoped installation would be as easy as: swap, and set the new bios settings from 1600 to 2400 etc. NOPE. Black screen. Computer freezes. (that's my conclusion because it does nothing when I press l/O) Reset button doesn't work-nothing. Apparently installing ram is a rocket science but excuse me for touching my rig this-morning.

Any and all help is really appreciated guys, thanks!

I may have to ease up there, but for now I just want my rig working again. I'm on my alt computer. I turn on my rig, and that's all that happens. no display, no sound, my go to bios button doesn't seem to work, nothing, my whole rig in its entirety is broken just by putting in new ram. when i try to turn it off it does nothing (motherboard button and the case button.) If i want my system off i have to hold and kill it. neither my MB or case reset buttons work-nothing. my rig died by putting in ram, i need help getting somthing.

I don't even have my new ram in my rig and still nothing at all. I am completely baffled.

Restart CMOS ( battery or jumper ). Then put memory in 1/3 slots ( can try with 1 stick in 1st slot at the beginning ).
I doubt it's the memory fault as it's one of the best available memory series on the market.

When you clear CMOS, memory should run at default 1600 11-11-11 profile. If you make it start then enter BIOS and set XMP 1 or 2 profile ( both are almost the same ).
I haven't seen any haswell to have any issues at 2400 or 2600. Usually it's matter of BIOS settings.

Back