• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage 2 in da house!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You should be breaking 10sec on Spi at 4.2 Ghz...tigten your RAM to CL8 and you'll see a nice improvement. Conventional DDR3 can do 1600 CL8 at 1.65 v, I have 2 sticks of Ballistix with one Kingston HyperX and they do 1600 CL7 at 1.7 v atm

I like the rampage 2 and I just got the latest bios this morning 0603 the board is offically out today and Asus aready has two bios releases. That can be good or bad but at least they are paying attention to this board. That being said the PT6 is also a great board and its 60 bucks cheaper and will probably oc you set-up just as well. I have been wrestling with a 4870x2 and the cat8.11 drivers all weekend and havent had time to keep tweaking.

You will have a nice setup and be ready for the benching team :) with the items in your list.

New 0602 bios fixed some BCLK issues now running 221 no problems

Attachments

• bclk air.jpg
    bclk air.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,389
Thanks for the Quick reply!

I went ahead and got the Rampage II and the 920 CPU, but they were out of stock for the corsair Memory so OCZ was what i got.OCZ GOLD 6 GB

Can I get your help on OCing this after i set up?

Thanks

BTW, what do yot think the 920 cpu can do ? 3.6??

What ver. Vista you use? 32 or 64 bit? which is the better choice?

64 bit as I always run with more than 3gb of ram

What about gtz, ek supreme and other blocks? :mad:. You're not going to leave that out are you! :bang head

Check my sig I already have a Fusion ver 2.0 and I just want the LGA 1366 clamp assembly so I dont have to buy a whole new block.

Finally broke 10sec superpi in Vista64 with some cellshock ram in dual channel

Attachments

• sub 10.jpg
    sub 10.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 647
lukee,
you do know your cpu has 6144kB if L2 the i7 has only 256kB per core(ie not shared). 1m loves L2 cache so no the time is not disappointing. if you think L3 even at 8192kB was going to help, well its not, it runs at a much slower speed then the cpu.

mgoode,
to get a slight increase in superpi times, get a ramdisk package. for me in 1m i lost about .02secs by having superpi on a ram disk vs with out. as well, as noted with brolloks runs, superpi also loves ram bandwidth, use tri channel. as i noted from his numbers wprime for 32m has the same time between dual vs tri but 1024mb takes a hit in tri mode. now his superpi time on the other hand went down on 32m in tri mode vs dual, meaning it was faster in tri mode.

Check my sig I already have a Fusion ver 2.0 and I just want the LGA 1366 clamp assembly so I dont have to buy a whole new block.

What I meant was, why did you mention dtek v2 only? Why not the other top performing blocks? The GTZ seems unlikely to have a 1366 mount though.

What I meant was, why did you mention dtek v2 only? Why not the other top performing blocks? The GTZ seems unlikely to have a 1366 mount though.

Because I only have Dtek block. The other block are great too. fyi...Here is the new GTZ and you can buy the mounting separately.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=206071

mgoode,
to get a slight increase in superpi times, get a ramdisk package. for me in 1m i lost about .02secs by having superpi on a ram disk vs with out. as well, as noted with brolloks runs, superpi also loves ram bandwidth, use tri channel. as i noted from his numbers wprime for 32m has the same time between dual vs tri but 1024mb takes a hit in tri mode. now his superpi time on the other hand went down on 32m in tri mode vs dual, meaning it was faster in tri mode.

Thanks for the 411!! During forumwars I used a drive I had fomatted with XP to increase my superpi scores, but lent it out until Saturday.

Last edited:
hey guys, any idea why the REII only has a 12GB ram capacity considering it's made to be an insane OC board? If this was the max anyone had I wouldn't say anything, but the Gigabyte x58 has 24gb

Back