• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rampage formula north bridge heatsink mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys, I've got a question. What program are you using to monitor your NB temps? SpeedFan seems to be giving me wacky numbers.

Thanks. I think this makes more sense.

NB: 37C (Idle) @ 1.26V (No fan mods yet :) )
CPU (E6750): 27C (Idle) (according to CoreTemp) @ 1.3V @ 3.32GHz

My CPU is water cooled. My NB is stock.

One discrepancy: CoreTemp is telling me 27C across the cores, PC Probe II is telling me 15 - 21C for the CPU. Which do I believe?

pc probe does not read cores.
its read something called CPUTIN that is the temp reported by the mobo
it will allways be bellow real
you need to check with intel info what is your distance to tjMAX (tjMAX value) on your chip
usually realtemp is right aboùt this, so get realtemp
if there are diff bt realtemp tjMAX and what intel says , configure properly
it seems to`me, coretemp is giving you low values, even in h2o, you should be higher
beleive realtemp
also get prime95

open realtemp, push sensor test and give prime95 path to it
it will, run 10 min test that will give you an idea of your sensors movements
beware, sensors lie a lot, and only get true, when the approach to 100c.
below 50c, all you know is that, do not trust numbers,beyond 50c they get closer to reality
if you need anything else let me know
with a 1.2v in NB, you will not get heat problems.
I reccomend to set 1.31v in BIOS.You might think you are OK, but while playing you prob get weird stuff random and that is low v in NB (believe me ....)
I run 1.51v bc I have 4 sticks, plus a very demanding GPU, core, etc

also, you can get much overall performance out of that ram.
I would trun it much higher.

/edit
thus, overall performance on your rig

Thanks man. I've already done all of this before on my old board. I just wasn't sure of the NB temps.

I'm not sure where Tom's Hardware got their info from, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong. According to them the TJMax of my E6750 G0 should be 80C (I think). First of all, everywhere else I've looked they said 100C.

I decided to download RealTemp and check any way: It started with 100C as default and gave the same temps as CoreTemp. I then changed the TJMax to 80C, and the temps dropped to about 10C, which I doubt is correct.

Also, I get max temps (under Prime 95) of 43C. I'm pretty sure these numbers are correct (or close enough).

As for the stability of my OC, I ran Prime 95 or 19'12" with no errors. I also don't get "get weird stuff random" when playing games. I also had it on these settings for close to a year with my old board with no issues.

Lastly, I know I can boost the RAM. I'm actually still trying to get my CPU higher before I start playing with the RAM. Unfortunately I have finals coming up so I don't have time to work with it much, but it seems from the numbers I'm seeing that my wall was the voltages. I pulled them up, but not nearly that much.

Thanks for all the help!

I use HWMonitor for the NB myself, RealTemp for CPU temps, guess someone got into CPU Temperatures, as TJ max has nothing to do with the NB that I'm aware of for monitoring.

PC Probe isn't supposed to be very reliable overall from anything I'd ever read, quit using it quite awhile back on my last asus board :)

:beer:

I was using the bios readings then factoring in 15c for the max use on the n b
Yes of probe is garbage in fact all those Asus programs suck except gamer osd
If there is a reliable n b reader I'll use it
I haven't found one yet

Using HWMonitor, the ADT7475 listed in the program showing remote 1/2 are the south/north bridge unless I'm way off base. Well, it's ADT7475 in my case at any rate.

Hopefully not heh :)

:beer:

Last edited:
Did you mean me ? I hadn't tried OCCT in awhile, but DLDd and ran the cpu test at default, the medium one and yeah I got only about 6 minutes after the warm up myself before that annoying duck :p

Ah NM at 3.8 probably meant Ekko.

yes 3.8
and i tried that hwmoniter ...works good..and yea thats correct fot the nb and sb

Back