• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random BSODs after 1 year of OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaay

Registered
Hi everyone.

I´m having troubles with my pc, it was running well since my last OC
See HERE

Since a couple of months ago it started to crash randomly, at idle, full load, sometimes 3 times in a day, sometimes running fine for days.

BSODs are not always the same, sometimes it points to:
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (this one happens most of the time)
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval

I did a clean install of the OS but the crashes continues.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated

J.-

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA is usually caused by CPU/NB or DRAM instability. On rare occasions it can be caused by CPU core instability, but it is a memory subsystem related error, a program or driver trying to read/write a memory area that doesn't exist.

The other two that the OP listed, the second is not very common and the third is usually related to core instability.

@Jaay
Are you able to run a Prime95 Blend test for at least 1 hour without:
"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.X, expected less than 0.4"?

Ideally, you would want to run it for 4-5 hours to ensure stability, usually if it fails after 4 hours in that fashion it is because of heat buildup.

Prime95 Blend is a lot better for testing the memory subsystem on AMD-based machines than DOS Memtest86+ that doesn't always detect failures.

I've been getting the error: A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval also but only playing Diablo 3 and very randomly. It may do it early in the game or after an hr or so but not every time I play.

That BSOD has differnet Bug Check error numbers. The resolving the issue can depend on what that Bug Check Error code is.

1. Can be unstable system.

2. Unstable due to too low Vcore.

3. There are driver problems that can create the error.

4 hours of Blend Test passed.

Considering both tests (prime95 BT and memtest86),is it accurate to say that neither cpu nor ram are damaged?

What else can i do?

J.-

Back