• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random freezes and random reboots.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papier

I got this odd problem again. Random freeze and reboots. Here's my current set up.

2500 xp
Leadtek nforce 2
Onboard sound
PC3200 ram
Windows xp

Everything's at stock. I only got one error msg and it was myirql_not_equal_orless. I haven't changed my hardware setup since my last reformat, but I have changed my video card drivers. I've also used driver destroyer to make sure all the parts are missing.

And also, looking in the even viewer log, I saw that volume shadow copy keeps failing. I disabled it and it quit giving me that error, but it still freezes and reboots.

My current programs that are running at all times are Zone alarm free edition and the ati quick res thing. Actually, for some reason zone alarm keeps acting up very weird. It keeps shutting itself down and it won't remember any settings I give it.

I'm kinda stumped on this and I really don't want to check my memory again because I just replaced it a month ago. If it is my memory again, could it be my PSU giving out bad volts? Any help would be appreciated!

Using some kind of generic PSU that's rated at 300 watts. With MBM, my volts are 5.08 for the 5 volt line, but my 3.3v line keeps fluxing. Goes from 3.3 all the way to 3.26 at idle. Dunno my 12 volt line.

I would be concidering moving up to a better PSU...

Have you had the 2500 OCed before...and if so...how long and how much voltage...

Now if this CPU has never been OCed or overvolted...then it is highly possible that it is the PSU causing the freezes and reboots...

I've oced it once before at 1.7 volts.I've only managed to get it to 1.9 ghz and after doing some research I've found my mobo to be at fault. So I backed it down after a day of oced. I did this about 6 months ago.

Back