• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Freezes Kernel-power 41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninja_boy

For the last couple of weeks i have been getting random Freezes and everything is unresponsive so i have to hard restart my computer. It can be at various times but I've found only when i'm listening to music on itunes and Playing WoW. It has been Kernel-power 41 in event viewer.

I have looked it up and one forum said it could be sound problem so i upgraded realtek and downgraded itunes from version 11 back to 10 cause it seemed that could help which it didnt.

This is the lastest Event Viewer Properties
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 16-Jan-13 18:53:32
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Brenton-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-16T08:53:32.884823500Z" />
<EventRecordID>63005</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Brenton-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Ive checked my windows dump folder but nothing from the last 4 months

Im running Win 7 64bit
Asus P9X79 m/b
Core i7 3820
Corsair h80 cooler
ati hd 7970
16gb corsair vengence ram
1x OCZ vertex 4 256gb SSD
1x 2tb WD Caviar green HDD
Corsair tx750 psu
Im also running 3 monitors but i only use 1 to play wow and have other random pages open on the others

If you can help me it would be great. My explaination might not be very good but thats best way i could explain it.

Last edited:
Make sure that under System Properties--> Advanced tab--> Startup and Recovery--> Settings button, the "Small memory dump" option is selected from the "Write debugging information" drop-down. The when the error reoccurs, you can post the *.dmp file located in the %systemroot%\Minidump directory.

That message in the event log means that Windows detected an improper shutdown. (Because you hard rebooted.)

Back