• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Reboots while gaming WTF is the problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure.
Don't know how extensive his testing was.
I do know that your vcore should not be dropping almost half a volt on load though. That tells me there's a problem on the board because his DMM isn't dropping at all on the PSU.

These were my thoughts too.
Even with the coil whine, the PSU seems healthy.

The vCore drop though, is a TON.
Wonder if it would crash out on Prime95...

There's no way it would run at stock clocks with .3v+ droop. I'm assuming he's is reading that off software as that board doesn't have any labeled voltage read points, correct?

Occt is reporting that voltage drop through HW info. If you look at the video you will see my voltage when it reboots and the problem occurs never drops below 12.07 I think. Either HW info is lying or my $30 Harbor Freight multimeter isn't worth a crap. Just to be on the safe side I ordered a new PSU yesterday although I probably used to this problem as an excuse to upgrade to an ax series power supply. I think Mr Scott might be on to something about the motherboard though but not sure where to check voltage points on the board as there are probably hundreds of areas. I will say this and I did not give it much thought until now and do not know if it is even a relevant but System had no problem like this until I upgraded my SSD to the xlr8. I did notice however there was a voltage drop on my 12v in my multimeter while running a occt with the GPU test running. Went from 12.07 to 11.54 for a fraction of a second.

I still fail to understand why Arma
3 is the only program that it does this with when battlefield does not but ARMA 3 is heavily CPU intensive according to what I've been told.

Please excuse the poor sentence structure as I am voice texting on my phone

Well guys it actually turns out it was the PSU after replacing it system actually running better than it did before.

Better? Or is the problem gone?

It's better and totally gone. My remaining stability issues have disappeared.
Well........if its gone good, if not.........maybe you run less of a risk of frying everything.

What did you replace it with?

AX1200i

According to link Im operating at 91% Eff :)

Total and major overkill but Im gonna need it for my next build so....

Me too. How can you do a CPU stress test and a GPU stress test/benchmark come out OK, yet a game does it. Makes no sense at all (nor would I have run out to purchase a PSU after the testing either...).

If it were PSU, the DMM in the video would have dropped like a rock. It didn't. That's why I suspected the board.

Well, to be honest, there are lots of forums out there with people complaining about system crashes with Arma, just google it.
Not sure what the issues are....

But I too am skeptical that just switching to a 1.2Kw PSU solved everything.
Would not be surprised if issue crops back up later.

and dual 980ti's to go along with the 6700k I've got coming too in hopefully a month.

Big budget build coming soon if crap doesn't stop breaking on car and house

So you bought a 1200W unit for a system that'll pull 700W overclocked?

Back