• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Shutdowns with AMD Athlon 64 4000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sounds good so far, though 41 seems a bit high for an idle temp. you might consider an aftermarket heatsink/fan if you haven't got one already. if you do, then you probably need to re-seat it.

yeah, i dont have one yet, no money at this point, i plan on getting one though, first i have to make sure the computer is stable though... got any in mind that you know are good :D

heh, you'll find that everyone here has an opinion on this! :D
if you have enough room in your case, then the two most popular (and quiet) are the scythe ninja and thermaltake's big typhoon. there's also the tuniq tower, which gets rave reviews but is massive. i got a thermalright si-120 some time ago and i'm pretty happy with it: my idle temps are around 25-28C and at load temps hit 38-39C.

actually i've never tried the stock cooler on this motherboard. i started with the stock cooler on a venice 3200+ (aluminum block, no heatpipes) and an asus a8n-sli premium. when overclocked to 2.4GHz my temps were roughly similar to what you have now. i initially moved to a thermalright xp-90, which dropped temps by about 10 degrees. (later i changed cpu to an opty 165, after a while upgraded the cooling to the si-120. the si-120 made a couple of degrees difference over the xp-90, but i mainly got it to run a quieter 120mm fan. finally i switched out the asus for a dfi ultra-d.)

alright, well i went to compusa today and saw the big typhoon.. was MUCH bigger than i expected, but it is exactly what i need... once i get $50, i'll buy it off of newegg.com, unless i can find it cheaper.. and on top of all this, im overclocked to 2.7ghz at 1.45V and 51 degrees under FULL load :).. i'll push it to 2.8 tomorrow, so far so good :) the 3-4-4-8 timings with the ram seemed to work as well, if that starts to get unstable, what should i change the timings to next? 4-4-4-11? or is there one under? 4-5-5-9 ? lol..

Back