• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Randomly failing to boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why did you buy a 1250 watt PSU when you are only running one GTX 760? You could have easily gotten by with a good 600W PSU.

. After the Bios update my temps seem to be cooler. Want to know if its really the case or just some normal variation.

People often report what seems a little lower temp after bios flash. Seldom is it real if one measured temps mechanically, which is not fully possible inside of cpu etc. It is a modifying of the bios code usually and not to be really taken real seriously. Often it does help some in the mind and that is a good thing.
RGone...

I looked in my case just in case i find something and i noticed something that i didn't like at all. I installed two CM Jetflo 120 fans in my case just a few days earlier before my problems began. The fans are self lubricated with Polyoxymethylene and have a seal that should prevent leaking. Seems not though, both the fans had leaked the stuff out and thrown it allover the case, i couldn't see any on the motherboard or other components, mainly on the sides of the case, but i didn't have much light. I think this could indeed cause some problems. Here are a few pictures, the fluid is hard to distinct from the pictures expect what has been thrown to the sides of the case. I'll definetly take the fans back to the store, hopefully they did not cause any permanent damage.

Attachments

• Fan1.jpg
    Fan1.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 31
  • fan2.jpg
    fan2.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Bad news for the case fans but that has no bearing (excuse the pun) on your other issue.

Phew, i did some research on Polyoxymethylene and seems one of its uses is electrical insulation so i think it shouldn't short circuit anything.

Back