• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate my upgraded build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
image.jpg

Just to the right of the 0

I've just posted a pic if you want to look, and yeah I turned on my PC and an area just lit up! So I looked and it was a flame

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, those a fried power bits!!! We weren't making it up!!!

@ callum, please use the EDIT button to add to posts instead of repeatedly double posting throughout the thread. :)

There is an edit button you use when you want to add to a post instead of putting posts back to back to back... ;)

Be sure to send this board back to Asus, and hold them accountable. They claim support for the CPU (8120), so its on them when they get blown up. Return to vendor if possible.

Maybe with enough RMA's they will stop "supporting" CPU's they really dont...

That would hold true for Msi, giga, asrcok, etc...

At stock they probably could be fine...

You sure I could? I overlooked the hell out of my CPU, the board couldn't handle a stock one, which I wasn't any the wiser.. As I got both the CPU and motherboard together, the irony ay?

You sure I could? I overlooked the hell out of my CPU, the board couldn't handle a stock one, which I wasn't any the wiser.. As I got both the CPU and motherboard together, the irony ay?

Well, how long ago did you buy it? I sure as hell didn't sit on my burnt motherboards going "oh well..."

Had it for two years, I don't think they would have anything to do with it, but I'll give it a try regardless

- - - Updated - - -

And how was the rest of your hardware man after the board burnt out? I'm worrying to hell about my GPU

Yeah I agree mate, And how was the rest of your hardware man after the board burnt out? I'm worrying to hell about my components

Everything was fine... toasted not 1... not 2... but three motherboards haha. My 8320 is a champ :)

Awesome man and Jesus **** 3? How is the sabertooth doing though? Because I've just ordered the same mobo you have! And yeah I love the FX processors, I wouldn't trade mine for an intel chip. Even if they are better for gaming, the big bulky AMD processors do better in stuff such as video editing and modeling! And tbh they run games fine, hopefully I'll be upgrading to an 9590 soon

Awesome man and Jesus **** 3? How is the sabertooth doing though? Because I've just ordered the same mobo you have! And yeah I love the FX processors, I wouldn't trade mine for an intel chip. Even if they are better for gaming, the big bulky AMD processors do better in stuff such as video editing and modeling! And tbh they run games fine, hopefully I'll be upgrading to an 9590 soon

What for?

Sabertooth was an absolute champ. Rma for usb 3.0 and ssd issues, which aren't a huge deal.

Hard to explain, your system will run much smoother now, and higher clocks with lower voltages. 4.5ghz 24/7 for months, occasionally 5.0

9590 is a waste of money if you're looking to overclock for personal reasons. Get an 83x0 and call it a day.

Installed my new sabertooth man and it's got a solid red light on the CPU led, has my CPU died? ****t

all the plugs in tight/correctly? Youre using the 4+4 or 8 pin not a 6+2 for the motherboard right?

Back