• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayzen 1800X speed problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ysfm17

Registered
Sorry for the long post just wanted to describe the problem with all details .

Recently the CPU " all cores " always stuck with 3.70 GHZ, the Bios settings all are auto, and I tried manually to change the CPU speed 2.20 GHZ, 3.30 GHZ, 4.00 GHZ to see what will happen.

The speed can go up, the 4.00 GHZ was done with no problems, but it wont go below 3.70 GHZ. Auto Or manually , even if the bios shows for example the speed 3.30 GHZ, when I check AMD Master, HWiNFO64 and CPUID CPU-Z, all shows that the speed " all Cores " 3.70 GHZ.

Using Gigabyte EasyTune I can select the Default setting which set the speed 3.60 GHZ " all cores " but when I reset the computer the speed again goes to 3.70 GHZ.

I also noticed that sometimes if I reset the Computer it will shutdown but will not start up, there is power but it wont start. screen, Keyboard and mouse all are black, so I have to shut down manually and start it up to work. This happen sometimes also when exiting the Bios.

When shutdown it will start up with no problems, but sometimes only the screen stays black. I have to unplug & plug the cable, if this wont work, I use the keyboard to restart to shutdown the computer and start again.

other than that there are no issues using the computer when working or playing.

The motherboard shows code " 33 " , so what does this mean?

Motherboard : gigabyte x370 gaming k7
CPU: Ryzen 1800X
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX460 WINDFORCE OC 4G
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB

I think the reason you are always seeing 3.7 GHz is that is the stock 1800X speed with XFR active. If you go into windows power plan and set it to balanced or power saving that should drop. The black screen I seem to recall someone else having issue with a Ryzen and AMD RX graphics cards and it had to do with some BIOS settings. Let me have a look around

I can't seem to find that post but if I recall. Make sure you're not on secure boot was one setting.

Just so you know if you make settings in BIOS that the system doesn't like it will always restart but it will be at 3.7 GHz and memory settings will be at stock most likely 2133

I found it and it worked for them disable the AM4 Advanced Boot Training and Full HD UEFI

Last edited:
you were right , the power plan on windows was high performance, which am sure i did not do that, so after setting balanced now everything is normal .

thanks for your help

but about the disabling AM4 Advanced Boot Training and Full HD UEFI , I don't have these options on my motherboard, but I found other thing.
when enabling AMD CPU Ftpm I get the code 33 but I don't know what it means , its not in the manual also could not find it online. when its disabled I get the nothing.
is this can be solved with bois update?

The new thing which still I could not find why, when sometimes restating or starting the PC the system hangs, there is power but it wont start up, I have to reset.

Just found this when the system hangs, the CPU LED STATS is on, which means the " corresponding device is not working normally "

hope this is not something serious?

It may be that the CPU is not getting quite enough voltage during initial stages of boot.

Most likely problems with memory IMO and the PC just isn't starting. I see you have 32 Gb of G.Skill but could you give the model # and configuration ie. 2x8 or 4x8 Gb and timings

AMD CPU Ftpm pretty sure that's Trusted Platfom Module it's best left disabled. The code is likely generated because you don't have one installed

Last edited:
Back