• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Deathadder 3.5g Firmware wont update!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disected

Registered
I bought a Razer Deathadder 3.5G about a month ago and I have not been able to get the firmware to update. I did update the drivers fine but when i try to update firmware it says "This firmware update is only for Razer Deathadder 3500DPI mice. Please make sure the latest Razer Deathadder driver is installed before running this firmware update." I've been able to deal without the firmware for a little bit but now my mouse is starting to click on it's own it seems from time to time. I was hoping that firmware may fix it. I got the mouse about a month ago but i have only been using it for a week or so. Any help guys?

The current firmware version number can be found at the top of the Customizer...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 8,720
Redduc his mouse probably came with synapse (mine did) and it doesn't show anywhere what the driver version or firmware version is.

I tried to update mine for kicks last night and I get the same error message as him. The driver is included in synapse so it might be that you have to find the old version or something.

Yes my Deathadder came with nothing, i had to get my drivers from the site. I installed synapse a while ago. What do i do now?

Razer Deathadder 3.5g, cant update firmware.

I bought a Razer Deathadder 3.5G about a month ago and I have not been able to get the firmware to update. I did update the drivers fine but when i try to update firmware it says "This firmware update is only for Razer Deathadder 3500DPI mice. Please make sure the latest Razer Deathadder driver is installed before running this firmware update." I've been able to deal without the firmware for a little bit but now my mouse is starting to click on it's own it seems from time to time. I was hoping that firmware may fix it. I got the mouse about a month ago but i have only been using it for a week or so. It came with no drivers, i downloaded synapse 2.0 from the site. Current version of firmware when i try to update it says 0.00. Any help guys?

Disected, I merged your threads since they are on the exact same topic. Please create only one thread per topic.

Okay sorry, please help me out. This clicking on its own thing is happening every so often and causing me some real problems. It only happens a little but when it does it does about 5-6 repeatitive clicks.

Okay sorry, please help me out. This clicking on its own thing is happening every so often and causing me some real problems. It only happens a little but when it does it does about 5-6 repeatitive clicks.

Here's what you do:

1. Uninstall Synapse.
2. Get the legacy driver for the DA 3.5G here: Driver. It's the third "Download" link from the top.
3. Get the firmware here: Firmware.
4. Install the legacy driver and then the firmware.
5. Done.

Once you've installed the legacy driver; you'll have task bar icon... Clicking on it will launch the settings screen. No need for online profiles, cloud drivers, etc... It's all a gimmick.

Notice the Driver version and Firmware version on mine... Those are for the DA 3.5G Black Edition.

da35gbe.jpg

The legacy driver is what Razer did before they had the "brilliant" idea of requiring customers to be online before being able to use all the features on their HW. It works 100% fine... And if you contact Razer support for any reason and they tell you to "Update" to synapse; just laugh at them and tell them you know better.

This applies if you have the DA 3.5G... If you have the 3.5G Black Edition; you'll have to get the legacy driver and firmware for that mouse. You can find them in there too. Just stay away from Synapse; it's nothing more than spyware dressed as "cloud profile" storage.

Last edited:
I got everything installed but i am still seeing clicking happening that i did not do. Not sure what's going on.

I also noticed now that the logo on my mouse is now blinking every 5 seconds, along with the scroll wheel. Not a big issue but it has me thinking something is wrong. I have the logo turned off and the scroll wheel light on.

Found a fix for the blinking "I'vefound a permenant Fix for this... It happpens when you pull the Usb cable out of your computer and reinsert it without rebooting... to fix this you just delete The process "razerhid.exe" from the 'manager ... and itl work fine again...". I still need help with the clicking though.

Yes my Deathadder came with nothing, i had to get my drivers from the site. I installed synapse a while ago. What do i do now?

Uninstall synapse. Don't flash your mouse's firmware unless you're trying to resolve an issue.

Synapse has ALWAYS caused an issue with my devices.

After some further testing in Garry's mod sandbox mode, i don't see any type of clicking on its own. I sat there for 20-30 minutes to see if the gun would shoot and it did not, which is very confusing because the mouse does click on it's own sometimes. So i have no clue what's going on. Sometimes it clicks and sometimes it does not?

Back